Supreme Power Returns

Captain France

1300696623.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31422

The story will take place few years after Squadron Supreme v2, so no Nick Fury in it.

Cautiously optimistic. I don't think I've read anything by this new writer.

Yay! Miracleman!

I thought the same thing for a few seconds.

Thinking about it more, if they were to use Moore's/Gaiman's more realistic approach to the Miracleman story at Marvel, using the Supreme Power universe wouldn't be a bad idea.

Cautiously optimistic. I don't think I've read anything by this new writer.

Agree with you there. Chaykin's run was terrible.

I thought the same thing for a few seconds.

Thinking about it more, if they were to use Moore's/Gaiman's more realistic approach to the Miracleman story at Marvel, using the Supreme Power universe wouldn't be a bad idea.

Short of getting a blatant rip off of it, I would like something like that.

Also, while I don't hate the art, that's not a good representation of Hyperion. It does look more like Miracleman than the iconic Superman-type that Hyperion is supposed to be.

Also, did we already see him get Doc Spectrum's jewel thingee on his hand? Am I forgetting that?

Standing on a pile of corpses in Iraq gives you super powers?

That explains SO MUCH!

That's not Hyperion; it's Doc Spectrum as Hyperion.

I'm digging the art enough to give this a chance.

An interview of Kyle Higgins (the writer) + some pages of Manuel Garcia's art.

http://marvel.com/news/story/15816/the_return_of_supreme_power

"The tone will be very similar to the first SUPREME POWER series," notes Higgins. "It's first and foremost a character story, focusing on Mark Milton—Hyperion—and Joe Ledger—Doctor Spectrum—and the way the world has changed as a result of what Mark did in Washington, blowing up the White House and killing the President. The backdrop is once again super humans in the real world, but this time it's about the world more fully adapting."

Latest posts

Back