Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby **spoilers**

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
It is absolutely hilarious..........in an Anchorman kinda way. :lol: Seriously---if you didn't like Anchorman...stay away from this. There are so many laugh out loud moments that it'd take too long to list 'em.

If I hadn't already seen "Clerks 2" this would've been a shoe-in for the funniest movie I've seen all year.

This is how Will Ferrell needs to be seen. One major film a year (maybe 2) sprinkled with cameos here and there. Really good stuff.

4/5 as far as comedies go. This'll be going in the DVD collection soon.

So we're watching FOX News earlier and they posed a pretty valid question---is this a movie that fans of NASCAR should cheer or jeer?

Unlike other films like "Scary Movie" or "Naked Gun"..."Talladega Nights" doesn't mock films, it mocks a genre of people. Particularly Southerners/Texans. It portrays NASCAR fans as slack-jawed yokels rednecks.

I'm not a fan and can't see how anyone can find several dozen cars going around in a big circle entertaining or an actual sport for that matter?

I don't know....just thought I'd pose the question here....

Man, I've been wanting to see this. Is Steve Carrell in it? I havn't kept up with actors in it besides Will. But I marginally enjoyed Anchorman [It gets funnier the more times you watch it, I'm not kidding].

Victor Von Doom said:
So we're watching FOX News earlier and they posed a pretty valid question---is this a movie that fans of NASCAR should cheer or jeer?

Unlike other films like "Scary Movie" or "Naked Gun"..."Talladega Nights" doesn't mock films, it mocks a genre of people. Particularly Southerners/Texans. It portrays NASCAR fans as slack-jawed yokels rednecks.

I'm not a fan and can't see how anyone can find several dozen cars going around in a big circle entertaining or an actual sport for that matter?

I don't know....just thought I'd pose the question here....
NASCAR fans deserve it. Seriously.

Victor Von Doom said:
It portrays NASCAR fans as slack-jawed yokels rednecks.

I live in Florida, about an hour from the Daytona Speedway.

Trust me, about 99% of them ARE slack-jawed yokel rednecks.

We went to the midnight showing of Talledega Nights, and the amount of renecks and wanna-be rednecks (Yes, there's such a thing) there was astounding.

As for the movie. . .it was decent. Anchorman was far funnier in my opinion, but TN had its moments.

Last edited:
An example of the average NASCAR fans:

imagea1746f5c-d12d-417e-aba3-de1cd45d1509.jpg

moonmaster said:
An example of the average NASCAR fans:

imagea1746f5c-d12d-417e-aba3-de1cd45d1509.jpg

Too bad most will never see NASCAR fans that cool. Instead most of us run into these people:

redneck_mentor.jpg

.....and end up getting invited to their redneck weddings where stuff like this happens:

redneck%20wedding.jpg

Victor Von Doom said:
Too bad most will never see NASCAR fans that cool.
Cool?!
.....and end up getting invited to their redneck weddings where stuff like this happens:

redneck%20wedding.jpg
That would be even more awesome if she was wearing a white bikini with "JUST MARRIED" spelled out on the *** in diamonds.

That's classy.

ultimatedjf said:
Right, and then getting married three more times. :)
What I'm looking forward to are the 4 divorces in a few months.

I thought it was overall really funny. It had some great moments that I know I'm going to be hearing for years.

I just loved everything involving the cougar.

I was totally blind sided by the whole gay french racer. I kept thinking that if a gay french man won the NASCAR championship a million rednecks would have lost their reason for living.

Last edited:
MaxwellSmart said:
I thought it was overall really funny. It had some great moments that I know I'm going to be hearing for years.

I just loved everything involving the cougar.

I was totally blind sided by the whole gay french racer. I kepting thinking that if a gay french man won the NASCAR championship a million rednecks would have lost their reason for living.

The cougar bit was great......even the later scenes. That part with the cougar and driver's license? Hilarious.

My fav part was "Hi...my name is Ricky Bobby. If you don't chew Big Red....**** YOU!!!"

In the reviews I read, I heard a lot of remarks that it was a copy of Anchorman just with a different set up and I totally disagree. It's the same kind of parody of real life type character, but I think the characters themselves are very different in their humor. Honestly, I think there were more moments that had me busting up in this TN than AM.

I think my favorite line was "Tom Cruise use your witch craft to get the fire off me."

There were also a lot of great lines from the gay French driver, Girard. One thing about the reviews I did agree with was that Girard was have the laughs in the movie. I don't think I would have like it that much if wasn't for his character. The Speed News montage of his life was hilarious. I loved the expression on the faces of the anchors when they cut back from it.

MaxwellSmart said:
There were also a lot of great lines from the gay French driver, Girard. One thing about the reviews I did agree with was that Girard was have the laughs in the movie. I don't think I would have like it that much if wasn't for his character. The Speed News montage of his life was hilarious. I loved the expression on the faces of the anchors when they cut back from it.

Sasha Baron is an awesome comedian. This movie would not have been as good if not for him.

"Rickeee booobie..."

That Speed montage was brilliant.

Oh...I almost forgot---when Ricky and his boy were trying to confront Girard and Ricky's boy kept saying "Shake and Bake"???? I almost died laughing. Then when Ricky said "What about that, huh? Does that do anything for you? That JUST happened. Does that blow your mind?"......I lost it. I actually died and was revived by mystical forces not yet known to me.

I'm not sure why "Shake and Bake" was funny, but I couldn't help but bust up laughing EVERY time they said it. It just one of those red neck lines that makes no sense like "GIT-R-DONE."

When he said the "That JUST happened. Does that blow your mind?" I was keeling over in my seat. The stupid thing is that I've met people who say stupid **** thinking it's cool and then say something like "I know you can't believe I just said that."

Latest posts

Back