Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby **spoilers**

MaxwellSmart said:
When he said the "That JUST happened. Does that blow your mind?" I was keeling over in my seat. The stupid thing is that I've met people who say stupid **** thinking it's cool and then say something like "I know you can't believe I just said that."

:lol:

Oh God have I met those people.

Lynx said:
...and wanna-be rednecks (Yes, there's such a thing)
I must hear how this is possible. Is there like an enterance exam to become a redneck and they didn't pass?

MaxwellSmart said:
I must hear how this is possible. Is there like an enterance exam to become a redneck and they didn't pass?

Oh....they're out there. Basically they are the opposite version of "wiggaz".

They figure that they will never be truly accepted by the "O.C/Laguna Beach" social crew....and they hate the "hip hop" crew....so they latch onto the other fad group. The Blue Collar crew and figure that everyone loves Larry the Cable Guy, so I'll act like that. Unfortunately for them everyone can see that they're trying to hard.

"Talladega Nights" made an estimated $47 million at the U.S. box office this weekend, making it the third biggest August opening ever. (#1 being "Rush Hour 2", #2 being "Signs.")

My favorite tie-in commercial for the film was the phone ad where Ferrell is standing in the shower with the phone and repeatedly "Woo!"ing at the camera like he doesn't know what to do.

Victor Von Doom said:
Oh....they're out there. Basically they are the opposite version of "wiggaz".
WedNekz.

I thought this movie was really funny... Probably funnier than Anchorman for me. While Anchorman had more memorable scenes, I thought this one was better because it laid off some of the absuridity.

One problem, though - too much homosexuality. We get Hollywood... Gays exist!

I saw this last night, definantly funnier than anchorman. My favorite part is when they use another knife to get the first knife out of his leg.:D

I like the part where the kids are talking badly to their grandpa.

"I love the way they're talking to you right now."

"The only thing you've ever done is make a smoking hot daughter."

Goodwill said:
One problem, though - too much homosexuality. We get Hollywood... Gays exist!

:sure:

Huh??? Maybe you should elaborate because aside from them poking fun at the French I didn't see all the blatant over used homosexuality you say was in this.

The French driver was gay and the jokes they made up him with Andy Richtor were more awkward than funny... The kiss between him and Will Ferrell was too long and weird... And they implied Will Ferrell's friend crushed on him in the beginning. It's a small gripe, really, but when they brought homosexuality up I thought it was stupid.

Goodwill said:
The French driver was gay and the jokes they made up him with Andy Richtor were more awkward than funny... The kiss between him and Will Ferrell was too long and weird... And they implied Will Ferrell's friend crushed on him in the beginning. It's a small gripe, really, but when they brought homosexuality up I thought it was stupid.

ANd here I thought it was all just funny. Silly me.

I loved the scene after his first race where he's giving the interview and won't keep his hands down.

Last edited:
I liked it.

I saw three movie for the price of one that night and I liked this better than 'Miami Vice'. But not quite as much as 'Bon Cop, Bad Cop', a Québec-Canada variation on the 48 hours and Lethal Weapon theme.

All in all, TN is a guilty pleasure. I couldn't believe I laughed as much as I did, but I did.

Of all the things that made me laugh, seeing Ricky's friend trying to pry the knife in his leg with another knife is probably the scene that came closer to making me lose bladder control. I found it hysterical.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I heard bad things about this movie. I heard Will Farrell tries to play himself too hard.

Nah, the movie is just rankin' on NASCAR fans the entire time. It's hilarious.

I watched this today. Funny as hell and props to them for using the real NASCAR cars. I loved it.

Latest posts

Back