Tekken: The Live Action Movie!

Langsta

I'm a long-time Tekken fan. There's been a live action movie in development for some time now, and it's supposed to be released in 2009!

From Wiki
Tekken is a 2009 live action film adaptation of the series. The film follows Jin Kazama played by John Foo [1] to rid himself of the devil which plagues his soul. Now a man, he must confront his father, Kazuya Mishima, played by Ian Anthony Dale and his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima, played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa. The film is being directed by Dwight Little and is set for a 2009 release date.[2]

Plot
"The leader of a highly corrupt business under investigation of murder, Heihachi Mishima, suspiciously announces a tournament to crown a "King Of Iron Fist" whereby the winner will be made his personal bodyguard and will have riches and fame laid upon them. However, the tournament is not all it seems, as all of the contestants seem to have their own individual agendas to get close to the man looking to employ them. Consequently, a group of elite fighters, undercover police and assassins team together in the hope of uncovering the truth but slowly realize they are in fact linked together through more than just their goal of killing Mishima."

Cast
  • John Foo as Jin Kazama
  • Ian Anthony Dale as Kazuya Mishima
  • Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Heihachi Mishima
  • Cung Le as Marshall Law
  • Candîce Hillebrand as Nina Williams
  • Marian Zapico as Anna Williams
  • Luke Goss as Steve Fox
  • Chiaki Kuriyama as Ling Xiaoyu
  • Kelly Overton as Christie Monteiro
  • Lateef Crowder as Eddy Gordo
  • Darrin Henson as Raven
  • Gary Daniels as Bryan Fury
  • Gary Ray Stearns as Yoshimitsu
  • Nathan Jones as Craig Marduk
  • Randal Reeder as Scared Fighter
  • David Pitt as Jack (Tekken Police)
  • Mircea Monroe as Kara
  • Cassie Shea Watson as Med Tech
  • Louis Herthum as Tekken Security Chief
  • Michael Showers as Security Assistant #1
  • Jevon Miller as Angry Fighter Reject
  • Roger "Matador" Huerta as Miguel Rojas

Re: Tekken: The ****ing Live Action Movie, *****es!

I hope Paul and King just haven't been cast yet, and aren't missing from the movie.

EW interviews Luke Goss (Hellboy II) on Tekken:

You recently finished work on a movie version of the video game Tekken. What can you tell us about that?
I play Steve Fox, who was a Tekken champion, but I play him 15 years after he was fighting. I'm this guy who doesn't really give a f--- but I find a protégé. It's cool. They went R-rated so with the fights and stuff there's more blood.

I hope Paul and King just haven't been cast yet, and aren't missing from the movie.

Paul and King are in every game. Paul won the third tournament. I hope they include them.

EW interviews Luke Goss (Hellboy II) on Tekken:

That sounds like Paul .... Maybe they combined the characters or something. Paul always seems like the worn-out champion type who would take up a protege (Forrest Law, Marshall's son). Oh well, it is a video game movie, so what do you expect ....

Wow. Ian Anthony Dale looks A LOT like Kazuya.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1406333/

And I've always thought that Lateef Crowder would be a cool Eddy. He was in either The Protector or Ong Bak as the Capoeirista (sp?).

But Darrin Henson from DARRIN'S DANCE GROOVES is playing the cold-blooded Blade look-a-like Raven. He's a dance choreographer, which is probably why they cast him, but I'm not sure if he will be able to pull off Raven's badass. He's no Billy Blanks, that's for sure.

Oh crap they got Cung Le to play Marshall Law?
dude is badass the way he took Frank Shamrock apart earlier this year.

Gary Daniels? Nice! He woulda made a good Ken Masters back in the day if they`d decided to actually make a decent Street Fighter movie then

who teh **** is John Foo?

Latest posts

Back