Tell me about The Escapists (no spoilers!)

E

Excelsior Club
The official spoilerific discussion thread is here.

But can anyone give me the lowdown on this series and what you think of it without spoiling it?

Without spoiling it, BKV does a great job in bringing back an old character and giving a new spin on it while making it interesting and a very fun read.

It's good.

It's about a guy buying the rights to the original Escapist character and attempting to publish a new comic about him. It cuts from scenes of the real world, with the guy having troubles publishing a comic, and to the comic world, where we see the story this guy is writing.

It's quite fun, and I'd recommend it. Good art too.

I also downloaded the original Escapist anthology a little while ago. Read the first issue, it was pretty good.

Without spoiling it, BKV does a great job in bringing back an old character and giving a new spin on it while making it interesting and a very fun read.

Who is the old character? Or is that spoiling a major secret plot point?

Who is the old character? Or is that spoiling a major secret plot point?
No, the character is the title of what you see. "The Escapist", but this mini, it's "The Escapists". There's a reason for the extra s when you read the mini.

No, the character is the title of what you see. "The Escapist", but this mini, it's "The Escapists". There's a reason for the extra s when you read the mini.

Hmmm. I've never heard of the Escapist.

I do believe he's a fictional character from the Adventure of Cavalier and Clay series, about two creators.

I think.

Latest posts

Back