The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

My favorites were
Wolv-e
Thor Weddings and a funeral

Those were genius.

Last edited:
Why are we spoil tagging them?

Because he did. I assumed it was so people didn't read the names of the films first e.g one of my favorites
is less funny and clever if you read it before you see poster. At least that's what I assumed so I respected that and spoiler tagged them.

Because he did. I assumed it was so people didn't read the names of the films first e.g one of my favorites
is less funny and clever if you read it before you see poster. At least that's what I assumed so I respected that and spoiler tagged them.

Exactly right. It takes away from it if you already know some of the hilarious play-on-words titles.

Exactly right. It takes away from it if you already know some of the hilarious play-on-words titles.

Thought so.

Did you click on view more? Some not listed while not looking as good are equally clever. E.g
Beauty and the beast - Beast = beast from X-men
or
Dances with wolverine
:lol:

If not to save you time (instead of cycling through the others)

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2244983

I feel like I should savour this last week where Rorschach is a secretly amazing literary character, unappreciated by the masses, in case he's henceforth known as another household name badass whose only character trait is point-form sentences.

But I still have high hopes.

I feel like I should savour this last week where Rorschach is a secretly amazing literary character, unappreciated by the masses

Too late as he's a costume in Playstation Home. Sure some are idiots like the one who thought Nite owl was batman. But He's still more than just a literary character, Now he's a marketing tool.

I feel like I should savour this last week where Rorschach is a secretly amazing literary character, unappreciated by the masses, in case he's henceforth known as another household name badass whose only character trait is point-form sentences.

But I still have high hopes.

:roll:

You're so noble.

That was you wasn't it?

No I'm one of the very few walking around as Rorschach. But like i said in the ps3 thread there was a load who actually thought the Nite owl costume = Batman costume. I was shocked by how many did.

:roll:

You're so noble.

:|

Everyone dreads their favourite characters being cheapened and sold-out. It sucks when you feel a character who is really special is now going to be seen mainly as something for the lowest common denominator, it feels like a waste. You and I were among a few members who didn't feel this way about V For Vendetta, although I very much see why others would, and since I've read the material first this time I'm afraid of ending up on that side for Watchmen.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am pretty noble, but this isn't the most solid example of it.

Just be grateful if the movie is good. I'm still waiting for 2000AD to get a decent film. (hopefully the new 2000AD that starts filming this year is good or at least watchable)

Just be grateful you didn't see the best comic of all time in your opinion get a **** film about it that was nothing like the comic, Then see the same character you love whored out by a different company and watered down and ruined. :( god that sucked so much.

But i'm hopeful 2000AD film can bring back the greatness that Judge Joe Dredd has to offer. And no this not been sarcastic as I have mentioned before but Judge Dredd comics that are NOT dc made are IMO the greatest comics.

If that works maybe a good cartoon and good game. :D I'm very hopeful about that.

Just be grateful if the movie is good. I'm still waiting for 2000AD to get a decent film. (hopefully the new 2000AD that starts filming this year is good or at least watchable)

Just be grateful you didn't see the best comic of all time in your opinion get a **** film about it that was nothing like the comic, Then see the same character you love whored out by a different company and watered down and ruined. :( god that sucked so much.

I will be grateful if it works out and is a legitimately good movie in its own right. I really hope they don't waste it, and Rorschach in particular.

Everyone dreads their favourite characters being cheapened and sold-out. It sucks when you feel a character who is really special is now going to be seen mainly as something for the lowest common denominator, it feels like a waste. You and I were among a few members who didn't feel this way about V For Vendetta, although I very much see why others would, and since I've read the material first this time I'm afraid of ending up on that side for Watchmen.

...which you are basing off nothing other than a ridiculous ideal that you should oppose this movie being made because Alan Moore doesn't like it. It's not even out yet and you have no idea how it will be.

because thisis the all about comic book movies thread, all comic book movies are fair play

and it's the only comic book movie worth talking about right now

:( What about Wolverine

Latest posts

Back