The All About Comics Thread 5: Comic Books Ate My Paycheck

Sorry, I don't know who that is, should I?

I get the feeling that I should

He was the elder Bush's VP.

One of his claims to fame was that he corrected a kid at a spelling bee, by telling the elementary schooler that P-O-T-A-T-O should have an E at the end of it.

He was the elder Bush's VP.

One of his claims to fame was that he corrected a kid at a spelling bee, by telling the elementary schooler that P-O-T-A-T-O should have an E at the end of it.

I see

also, in canada the plural of potato is actually spelled P-O-T-A-T-O-E-S

The More You Know

*edit* I'm 20 Iceshadow

Last edited:
Same here.

okay thats weird, cause I was in the grocery store awhile back, and a guy who claimed to be american asked me if that's how we spell potatoes, I said "yeah, how do you spell it?" and he said without the 'e'

apparently he just didn't know how to spell potatoes

okay thats weird, cause I was in the grocery store awhile back, and a guy who claimed to be american asked me if that's how we spell potatoes, I said "yeah, how do you spell it?" and he said without the 'e'

Yeah. Well, most of us Americans are half-illiterate anyway. It's one of the subtle charms of my brethren.

@ Gemini on the age thing: Oh ok then.

In other news, two of my three books have shipped on amazon. Atomic Robo Vol. 3 (which I have yet to receive) were all ordered through The Comic Board Store. By my calculations this means that I have single handedly paid for this site, I demand modhood!

Thanks TCB Store!

Last edited:
That Bone book is legendary and I have often used it to fight off enemies.

moedok.jpg

Moe Organism Designed Only for Kawaii!

Yeah. Well, most of us Americans are half-illiterate anyway. It's one of the subtle charms of my brethren.

:lol:

Are you being paid by Comics Alliance?

Maybe. :shifty:

Honestly, it's one of the few comic sites that isn't blocked by my firewall. So I'm on it here daily mostly because I can.

Although a bunch of the links are blocked for me, I live for the daily Link Ink. I cannot wait to get home and run thru those again without any kind of firewall interference.

Latest posts

Back