The All-Consuming Area of David Bowie's Thread

Once, I tried to push David Bowie out of the way of a speeding bus, but I wasn't quick enough. The bus was just devoured by the Area. Then we bought Dip 'N Dots and shopped at Hot Topic. We're going to take an art class together.

Oddly enough he was handing that out when he visited; seemingly unafraid of the possibility of being cloned by rabid Intarweb fanboys.
How do you think The Area replicates?
Once, I tried to push David Bowie out of the way of a speeding bus, but I wasn't quick enough. The bus was just devoured by the Area. Then we bought Dip 'N Dots and shopped at Hot Topic. We're going to take an art class together.
I once tried to calculate the area of The Area.

It was an arduous endeavor, costing me many hours of sleep, friends and family, and thousands of dollars in spontaneously exploded calculators. After developing a highly complex new form of algorithm used only for areas - known as an "algojism" - I finally discovered that the answer was exactly as I had first hypothesized: the area of The Area is The Area, or in mathematical language,

AREAEQUALSAREATIMESINFINITYFOREVER.jpg

And that's how I won my Nobel Prize.

Last edited:
08-bowieinberlin.jpg

I'm currently reading "Bowie in Berlin," a new-ish book about The Area when it was at its most, and when it subsequentlly sought refuge from the madness of L.A. in the run-down city of Berlin. It's an awesome read, and part of my recent compulsion to buy more books about musicians and music.

I heard that The Area brought down The Berlin Wall.

Or built it. I can't remember which one.

The point is that the song "Heroes" was actually written about Bowie's testicles.

I watched the Ziggy Stardust concert film on tv tonight. I liked it.

Mick Ronson sure knew how to play the **** out of a guitar.
This is true. David Hasselhoff just doesn't know it yet.
Hasselhoff believes his area to be special and important, but this is of course untrue. Hasselhoff's area is merely a smaller component of the far greater totality of The Area, as are all areas.

Last edited:
I drew this in my writing journal thingy on Wednesday on the train.

bowiedrawing.jpg

I couldn't get the crazy eyes right, but I think it's otherwise alright for an hour's time and an especially bumpy train ride.

The apartment next to me was gone when I woke up this morning.

I think Bowie's area got them, I loaned them a copy of Labyrinth last night.
Did you smell the faint scent of gently perfumed testicles in the building?

I didn't expect you to have.

You can't smell in four dimensions yet.

I think the hurricane currently assaulting my city is actually Bowie's area, a lot of people seem really satisfied.

Been listening to Station to Station at night, while playing various tracks from Diamond Dogs during super early mornings at the office while I exercise.

Anyway, I forgot to post this awhile back but Bowie is in a 'new'ish film called August, a movie starring Josh Hartnett about his struggle to keep his dotcom start-up afloat just before the big dotcom crash. In the trailer, Bowie checks in at 1:16:

[youtube]tMPR28C7NVA[/youtube]

In case you guys haven't seen it, they've been showing a Lincoln commercial for a while now that has Cat Power covering "Space Oddity":

[youtube]W_JGDO3X87g[/youtube]

It seems to be illiciting the most extreme reactions in people on the internet (would this be the internet if something wasn't?), but I'd like to hear a full version. (Which apparently isn't currently available and will not be in the near future.)

Last edited:
In case you guys haven't seen it, they've been showing a Lincoln commercial for a while now that has Cat Power covering "Space Oddity":

[youtube]W_JGDO3X87g[/youtube]

It seems to be illiciting the most extreme reactions in people on the internet (would this be the internet if something wasn't?), but I'd like to hear a full version. (Which apparently isn't currently available and will not be in the near future.)
I really like it and very much hope a full version becomes available.

Latest posts

Back