The Avengers - Announced!

The Punisher is the best Marvel movie.

So what do you think the villain will be, I'm betting the plot would be more along the lines of "gather by fate" to fight a force not just one of them could handle.

Random said:
So what do you think the villain will be, I'm betting the plot would be more along the lines of "gather by fate" to fight a force not just one of them could handle.

Like Loki?

My dream is that they will take the first six issues of the Ultimates and shoot them, almost, panel for panel. I was disappointed in the cartoon version--they went wrong every time they departed from the original. I believe that Millar said somewhere that he wrote as if it were a movie script. Hell, they even do the casting in the comic--Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury! Besides you have the makings of a triology: the second movie could be the second half of Volume I, and you could condense the whole of Volume II into movie three. Does anybody else think this? Maybe we could start lobbying.

Mclintoc said:
My dream is that they will take the first six issues of the Ultimates and shoot them, almost, panel for panel. I was disappointed in the cartoon version--they went wrong every time they departed from the original. I believe that Millar said somewhere that he wrote as if it were a movie script. Hell, they even do the casting in the comic--Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury! Besides you have the makings of a triology: the second movie could be the second half of Volume I, and you could condense the whole of Volume II into movie three. Does anybody else think this? Maybe we could start lobbying.

That sounds like a great idea but I think they'll probably draw more from the movie personas.

CHUD got a chance to talk to The Avengers and The Incredible Hulk screenwriter Zak Penn, who revealed a bit more on both. Here's a clip:

"No question the thing that it inspired me was the Ultimates run," Zak told me. "I thought it was brilliant, cinematic, and made me realize that a super hero team didn't have to be goofy.
ththththspiderman_dance.gif

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=7381

Last edited:
the watcher said:
CHUD got a chance to talk to The Avengers and The Incredible Hulk screenwriter Zak Penn, who revealed a bit more on both. Here's a clip:

"No question the thing that it inspired me was the Ultimates run," Zak told me. "I thought it was brilliant, cinematic, and made me realize that a super hero team didn't have to be goofy.

WHEW!

So how much longer until the speculation on who'll be on the team and who should play who?

It's obvious that with such a huge line-up....there's gonna be some unknowns and some B-list stars. And how does this film tie-in with single projects? Is the same guy who's gonna play Iron Man in Fav's film gonna be the same person in this film? If this movie is done before Capt America's solo movie will it be the same guy from this one?

I also assume that with this film, much like the X-Men films, that the writers are gonna assume the majority of the audience knows who Capt America, Iron Man, and Thor are and pretty much throw out origins for these people.

Victor Von Doom said:
So how much longer until the speculation on who'll be on the team and who should play who?

It's obvious that with such a huge line-up....there's gonna be some unknowns and some B-list stars. And how does this film tie-in with single projects? Is the same guy who's gonna play Iron Man in Fav's film gonna be the same person in this film? If this movie is done before Capt America's solo movie will it be the same guy from this one?

I also assume that with this film, much like the X-Men films, that the writers are gonna assume the majority of the audience knows who Capt America, Iron Man, and Thor are and pretty much throw out origins for these people.
All they've done is announced a writer, writers have been announced for Iron man Thor and Cap well over a year ago. I would bet on those movies including Ant man would come out first since Marvel has already announced doing them

Superherohype said:
Film Projects Being Developed by Marvel (Partial List)
The first two films are anticipated for release in 2008.
Ant-Man, Marvel - Writer and director engaged
Captain America, Marvel - Writer engaged
The Incredible Hulk, Marvel - Writer and director engaged
Iron Man, Marvel - Writer and director engaged, slated for May 2, 2008
Nick Fury, Marvel - Writer engaged
Thor, Marvel - Writer engaged
So Ant Man, Cap and Ironman are planned for 2008 (thhough only Ironman is pretty much set in stone) Al they've done is announce a writer, whose script may be dropped for all we know, So I don't see this coming out until 2010, 2009 seems like a strech

In the Wizard Movie special, they listed a cast of who they'd like to see for an Avengers movie. Wentworth Miller (Prison Break) was put down as vision. I dont have the book with me, so cant write down everybody. Matt Damon was put down for Captain America (really dont see that working). Jessica Biel as Scarlet With. One of the guys from Law & Order: CI (the smaller, guy, not the tall black haired one) for Mr. Hyde.

That's all I can remember.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back