The Avengers - Announced!

In the Wizard Movie special, they listed a cast of who they'd like to see for an Avengers movie. Miles Wentworth (Prison Break) was put down as vision. I dont have the book with me, so cant write down everybody. Matt Damon was put down for Captain America (really dont see that working). Jessica Biel as Scarlet With. One of the guys from Law & Order: CI (the smaller, guy, not the tall black haired one) for Mr. Hyde.

That's all I can remember.

Jason Isaacs (The Patriot) - Baron Zemo
Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls) - Moonstone
David Tennant (Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire) - The Fixer
Eva Mendes (Ghost Rider) - Tigra
Karl Urban (LOTR) - Thor
Josh Holloway (Lost) - Hawkeye

I'm not familiar with Moonstone, Tigra, or Zemo so I have no idea if it'd work. Tennant I don't even remember... then again I don't remember if I saw the movie. Karl Urban could work but I still can't geat Sean Bean out of my head. Josh Holloway? meh, I wish someone would just use him because people seem to think he's perfect for every rogue hero now.

Last edited:
Jason Isaacs (The Patriot) - Baron Zemo
Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls) - Moonstone
David Tennant (Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire) - The Fixer
Eva Mendes (Ghost Rider) - Tigra
Karl Urban (LOTR) - Thor
Josh Holloway (Lost) - Hawkeye

I'm not familiar with Moonstone, Tigra, or Zemo so I have no idea if it'd work. Tennant I don't even remember... then again I don't remember if I saw the movie. Karl Urban could work but I still can't geat Sean Bean out of my head. Josh Holloway? meh, I wish someone would just use him because people seem to think he's perfect for every rogue hero now.
Ah, thanks.

I thought Holloway would work for Hawkeye just because in my mind it seems perfect. Then again, my mind isn't perfect, so there you go. :p

Ya know who would be perfect for Captain America if it weren't for a few nagging factors?

Daniel Craig. He's got the perfect build for it. The only problem is that 1) I imagine being James Bond and Captain America would be all but impossible and 2) He's waaay too intense. I'm sure he could do a more pleasant, down to earth guy, but his eyes are just so peircing that it would be hard for him to pull it off.

I doubt if Ironman will be included in this...

But I can't wait to see some of the other characters come up... Vision, Wonderman, Warbird, Captain America... It should be interesting to see who they'll put on the team. Hawkeye. Scarlet Witch?

Iron Man can be in this. So long as Marvel does this movie themselves, Iron can be included since Marvel is also doing Iron Man. And Zak Penn said he wont write Avengers until after Iron Man and Captain America are out, so that sounds like he will be in it.

Ah, thanks.

I thought Holloway would work for Hawkeye just because in my mind it seems perfect. Then again, my mind isn't perfect, so there you go. :p

I don't have anything substantial to add, just:

Ewwwwwww. I like Holloway as Sawyer, but NOT as Hawkeye.

CHUD got a chance to talk to The Avengers and The Incredible Hulk screenwriter Zak Penn, who revealed a bit more on both. Here's a clip:

"No question the thing that it inspired me was the Ultimates run," Zak told me. "I thought it was brilliant, cinematic, and made me realize that a super hero team didn't have to be goofy.
ththththspiderman_dance.gif

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=7381
Before we whoop in excitement because Zak Penn knows good comics, let us take into consideration that this is Zak mother****ing Penn we are talking about.

In my mind, there's no question that Zak Penn is a fan who deeply respects the source material of all the great comic books, as he makes clear in more than one interview. However, he is credited to many superhero turkeys including X-Men: The Last Stand, the Fantastic Four videogame, Elektra and X-Men: The Official Game. In fact, his only non-turkey credit is X2: X-Men United, for which he only gets STORY credit and not screenplay (aka the heavy lifting) credit.

In other words, his word means NOTHING.

Before we whoop in excitement because Zak Penn knows good comics, let us take into consideration that this is Zak mother****ing Penn we are talking about.

In my mind, there's no question that Zak Penn is a fan who deeply respects the source material of all the great comic books, as he makes clear in more than one interview. However, he is credited to many superhero turkeys including X-Men: The Last Stand, the Fantastic Four videogame, Elektra and X-Men: The Official Game. In fact, his only non-turkey credit is X2: X-Men United, for which he only gets STORY credit and not screenplay (aka the heavy lifting) credit.

In other words, his word means NOTHING.

Well....

Uuhh....

Jeph Loeb wrote Teen Wolf. Then he turned around to write some *****in' Batman stories.

I'm not going to argue for or against Zak Penn's credentials.

However... is anyone up for dreamcasting this baby? If so, we'll start it up here or in the Games forum. Whatever works for everyone.

Well....

Uuhh....

Jeph Loeb wrote Teen Wolf. Then he turned around to write some *****in' Batman stories.
Well to be fair, Jeph Loeb was a LOT younger when he wrote Teen Wolf. And being a Hollywood peon is completely different from writing for comics... though I'm sure Loeb probably wrote many not-so-great things before writing between the range of decent to superior he does now. In fact, that can be said about ANY writer right now.

But the fact is that in five years, Zak Penn hasn't had a finger in any movie superhero product that rises above mediocre now. Perhaps that'll change, just as it did for Loeb. For now, the Zak Penn of today cannot and probably will not be involved in any decent superhero product.

CBR:

Anxious to see the Avengers assemble on the silver screen? Despite the movie having a Zak Penn-penned script, Marvel's editor in chief Joe Quesada told MTV that it might not happen. "Quesada was quick to add that the chances of that actually happening were pretty astronomical," their article revealed.

--------

What the hell is this? Mr. "I don't deal with the movie department so I can't ever answer your movie questions" now says something? :?

He doesn't even say why it can't happen in the article in the link.

See I just keep seeing Holloway in Lost and he makes these dramatic angry turns or puts on this face that literally says Thor. I know he is too scrawny but he has the face down so perfectly it is scary.

Latest posts

Back