The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Goodwill

Will Ferrell stars as a NASCAR driver. From what I get from the preview, he is "paralyzed" and must recover from his wreck... Mentally, anyway.

This is out August 4.

I think this looks better than Anchorman, however, I'm apprehensive about it. The kind of humor in both Anchorman and 40 Year Old Virgin got old after my Wes Anderson phase so we'll see... :)

Goodwill said:
Will Ferrell stars as a NASCAR driver. From what I get from the preview, he is "paralyzed" and must recover from his wreck... Mentally, anyway.

This is out August 4.

I think this looks better than Anchorman, however, I'm apprehensive about it. The kind of humor in both Anchorman and 40 Year Old Virgin got old after my Wes Anderson phase so we'll see... :)
Wes Anderson is indeed the man.

I'm not sure about this. I didn't really like Anchorman, but I love The 40 Year Old Virgin. I doubt I'll see it in theators, but I'll deffinatly rent it at some point.

See, I thought Anchorman was better than 40 Year Old Virgin, but didn't really like either as much as I liked Old School. Anchorman was when Will Ferrell starting stretching himself too thin... I mean, he was in Bewitched. GROSS!

I'll go see this in theaters, because I think this will trump Anchorman... At the very least.

Planet-man said:
Will Ferrel is the most overrated comedic actor in the world.

Have you gone looney in the cabesa man?!?! He is great!!!! While I acknowledge that there is such a thing as too much Will Ferrel....one or 2 main Will movies are great.

Something like Ricky Bobby with a couple cameos of Ferrel here and there in movies is just perfect.

He's strung himself too thin, I'm afraid. I agree with the both of you...

I saw a sort of "Behind the Athlete" bit on the ESPY's last night about Ricky Bobby. Good ****. I can't wait. :)

Victor Von Doom said:
Have you gone looney in the cabesa man?!?! He is great!!!! While I acknowledge that there is such a thing as too much Will Ferrel....one or 2 main Will movies are great.
:rockon:

I will find you and we will hang people. I mean hang out. You speak truth.

Also, I might/might not see it in theatres. It depends. I might just wait for the DVD.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:

Something like Ricky Bobby with a couple cameos of Ferrel here and there in movies is just perfect.

I find Steve Carrell far funnier.

After SNL, I thought Ferrell had worn himself too thin. . .

I think it all depends on what you want out of a comedian.

Like last year, Will was everywhere. It was annoying. There was "Kicking and Screaming", "Melinda Melinda", "Wedding Crashers", "Bewitched", "The Producers".....it was just too much. We didn't need all that.

But like this year he's got one main movie coming out and he provided the voice of the "Man in the yellow Hat" in "Curious George". Couple that with a cameo here and there---and you're good to go. I liked "40 Year Old Virgin"....but I thought it wore on too long. Had it been a 90-minute movie....it'd be damn near perfect.

Still.....apples and oranges.

I'll still check out Ricky Bobby because......Will's the man.

Latest posts

Back