The Bat-Family

Which Bat-Person is your favorite?

• Total voters

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Who would you like to hear more from in Batman's supporting cast? At least in terms of importance...

Well, in any ways, who's your favorite, and why?

Alfred.

Bats has always had many sidekicks, companions, accomplices, etc. But none of them have been there for the whole thing. There has been no other member as loyal.

I remember when I was young, and asked my father which Batman character should have his own action figure. He replied with one word:

ALFRED.

He's still waiting.

Tim Drake... by far.

He wasn't abducted or adopted... He wanted to prove that he was as good as the World's Greatest Detective, and so he figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman.

He earned the role of Robin more than Dick Grayson, and Jason combined.

He is Bruce's intellectual equal, or at least will be one day.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Tim Drake... by far.

He wasn't abducted or adopted... He wanted to prove that he was as good as the World's Greatest Detective, and so he figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman.

He earned the role of Robin more than Dick Grayson, and Jason combined.

He is Bruce's intellectual equal, or at least will be one day.

But then what did Jason tell Tim. That you think that Batman is dumb enough not to know that a kid was tracking him. That he let him do it. That Batman is too good.

ProjectX2 said:
I remember when I was young, and asked my father which Batman character should have his own action figure. He replied with one word:

ALFRED.

He's still waiting.

ACTION_FIGURE999900471334TOYBC.jpg

DONE. (and thats at least the second I know of)

I voted Nightwing. He's just a cool mofo. and he's dated lots of women. and he was drawn by greg land for a while. back when he drew without tracing paper.

Last edited:
marvelman said:
ACTION_FIGURE999900471334TOYBC.jpg

DONE. (and thats at least the second I know of)

Pfft. We didn't have all this Hush crap back in the day.

thee great one said:
But then what did Jason tell Tim. That you think that Batman is dumb enough not to know that a kid was tracking him. That he let him do it. That Batman is too good.

Jason is also insane.

I'm not just saying that to prove a point, he fell into the Lazarus Pit; that twists a person's mind to breaking point.

He feels replaced and forgotten, of course he doesn't want to admit that this kid was actually smarter than he was.

Batman -didn't- know... and he absolutely didn't want to have a Robin (this was right after Jason died)... Tim Drake had to convince him he was strong enough, smart enough, and dedicated enough to do it, all while Batman didn't even want to hear the argument.

I have the issue where that happens too!

Tim (in the oldschool robin costume) and alfred (!) take on Two-Face. And Nightwing and Batman have a building collapse on them. Holy Neatness, Batman!

ProjectX2 said:

ALFRED.

He's still waiting.
There was also an animated series version in a batcave playset to be found right HERE

Nightwing. He's the most developed Bat-family member. He's moved out of the cave, but is still the first person that would come back to help if needed. Now if only DC would quit screwing him over...

Dick. He is one of the most fleshed out characters in comics, and one of the most admirable. He is essentially the arche-type for characters that develope as they age, as he's been in the superhero biz since he was like 8. As stated recently in Infinite Crisis, it is because of this that he knows everyone, and superheroes are his family. And he's not a douche, like Batman!

Tim comes in 2nd for being the best Batman protoge`. Nightwing isn't really Batman. While he's good at detecting, he is mainly a fighter/leader. Robin will be really great as the solitary figure solving crimes.

I'm a big fan of Commissioner Gordon, so long as he's not being played by some fat slob who seems like a completely different character. Year One's portrayal of him is really great.

Baxter said:
There was also an animated series version in a batcave playset to be found right HERE

Nightwing. He's the most developed Bat-family member. He's moved out of the cave, but is still the first person that would come back to help if needed. Now if only DC would quit screwing him over...
Yeah, that's the one I was looking for!

the second one. it was actually the first alfred figure ever.

Jason Todd should have never returned. His return alone rewrites 20 years of BAtman development.

And this pisses me off, because of all the DC characters, Bats was my favorite

Now, some stupid little loophole, he's back.

Crap

To the nth degree

Have you read any of the comics with his return??

I'm just asking because i thought the same thing, but this is actually cementing the trauma Batman went through by having his greatest failure come back and rub itself in his face....

Seriously, read it before you bash it...

I don't see how this is rewriting ANY of Batman's history. They aren't pretending anything didn't happen, they aren't undoing his death. He was dead, and now he's alive. Its not that he's -always- been alive.

Latest posts

Back