The Bendis Debate

Do you like BENDIS!

• Total voters
I can't for the life of me understand why people enjoy New Avengers.

The team is godawful. Bendis throws together a few characters he likes, Wolverine and Spider-Man to bring in the dollars, and a couple of old Avengers to keep the fans from getting too pissed. It's like he dug out a wet dream Avengers lineup from when he was 13 and decided to make a comic out of it.

The characterizations are one-dimensional, the pacing is unbearably slow, and the whole thing is just ridiculous.

I agree with you, but it's really good post-Civil War.

The team is godawful. Bendis throws together a few characters he likes, Wolverine and Spider-Man to bring in the dollars, and a couple of old Avengers to keep the fans from getting too pissed. It's like he dug out a wet dream Avengers lineup from when he was 13 and decided to make a comic out of it.

The characterizations are one-dimensional, the pacing is unbearably slow, and the whole thing is just ridiculous.

Yeah - it reads like fan fiction. That's it.

Yeah - it reads like fan fiction. That's it.

I've only read the first two arcs and I really enjoyed it. It has an intriguing plot with a SHIELD conspiracy. And I don't mind the line up except for Wolverine, and that's mainly because he's way over used but if you only read a few book I doubt thats a problem. I think the character dynamics work pretty well together. At face value it look like a fan fiction, just grabbing a bunch of famous heroes and put them on a team (and really isnt that how the original Avengers started?).

I don't think the team does well as a replacement for the typical Avenger's team but I still think it works.

And I don't mind the line up except for Wolverine, and that's mainly because he's way over used but if you only read a few book I doubt thats a problem.

Totally worth it to have him getting shot in his junk.

you're a fanfiction!

kirkscreammw2.jpg

Bendis has written some good stories, but that's only to be expected when you write so many books, surely by pure chance you'd write a few good ones. I've only read USM, new avengers, secret war and house of M. Secret war was good story but has rubbish dialogue, especially wolverines 'raping me' line. Dissassembled was good too. House of M was overhyped, maybe if it hadn't been I would've liked it more. It was a nice story, but didn't need to be too much of an event as it was basically the decimation bit that had the lasting effects.

I'd just prefer if Bendis stuck to new avengers and powers and dropped everything else until those books were good again. Also since he came from an indie background with david mack and that, he should try and hold the door open and get more indie creators writing things like mighty avengers and ultimate events noone relly cares about anymore.

Latest posts

Back