The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

Hello! I'm not too familiar with this website, but I'm an administrator for The Boys Wiki, and I think it would be really cool to have a page dedicated to the timeline.
Howdy, feel free to lend suggestions if you have any questions regarding my timeline for it :)

I didn't catch this page because of how little it's utilized. Also, some of the information doesn't seem to match the one here. If you guys are able, can you see if it's accurate?
I've had to narrow down the years (combined with onscreen dates) by ones that are set in stone like Translucent's death year, Maria's calendar in Gen V episode one, plus lines of dialogue in conjunction how much time passes between episodes/seasons.

I feel like making it "one season per year, in real time" is essentially the "easy" but inaccurate way I've seen fandom sites go about it.

I didn't catch this page because of how little it's utilized. Also, some of the information doesn't seem to match the one here. If you guys are able, can you see if it's accurate?
I had checked that page a few months and it had nothing, that's why I came here and contributed to making the timeline as accurate!

Now I checked again and they seem to only stick to whichever official date is given on-screen. For example, they have the Crash of Flight 37 in "Mid 2019" (although in Gen V it is given a May 28 date, I believe), and then only bother to say "2022 • The events of The Boys Season 3", not broken down in days or even months, and then incorrectly places Gen V Season 1 in 2023, and says the Events of The Boys Seasons 4 will take place in 2024.

I understand that maybe they don't want to take wild guesses and just stick to on-screen dates, but even then they're not placing some dates like the September 30 obituary date for Susan Raynor, and then place Homelander's fake birthday on July 4 due to a social media post. So, it doesn't commit fully.

I would say this timeline in The Comic Board is more accurate, even if we have to contradict some on-screen dates to make sense of it. However, it has room for improvement and can be perfected, of course, and hopefully The Boys season 4 gives us more of an insight in regards to when Gen V season 1 takes place.

I had checked that page a few months and it had nothing, that's why I came here and contributed to making the timeline as accurate!

Now I checked again and they seem to only stick to whichever official date is given on-screen. For example, they have the Crash of Flight 37 in "Mid 2019" (although in Gen V it is given a May 28 date, I believe), and then only bother to say "2022 • The events of The Boys Season 3", not broken down in days or even months, and then incorrectly places Gen V Season 1 in 2023, and says the Events of The Boys Seasons 4 will take place in 2024.

I understand that maybe they don't want to take wild guesses and just stick to on-screen dates, but even then they're not placing some dates like the September 30 obituary date for Susan Raynor, and then place Homelander's fake birthday on July 4 due to a social media post. So, it doesn't commit fully.

I would say this timeline in The Comic Board is more accurate, even if we have to contradict some on-screen dates to make sense of it. However, it has room for improvement and can be perfected, of course, and hopefully The Boys season 4 gives us more of an insight in regards to when Gen V season 1 takes place.
Well said.

I might need a double check on the timeline too, because I think I might have forgotten some changes suggested to me.
(I try to keep on track, but I'm a very busy individual in my person life...)

Well said.
Hey! Sorry, not trying to be an insufferable know-it-all, because I don't have all the answers either of course, and your work on the past events is great!

Only the shows and the creators are at fault for making the modern day events so difficult to keep track of!

I might need a double check on the timeline too, because I think I might have forgotten some changes suggested to me.
(I try to keep on track, but I'm a very busy individual in my person life...)
That's understandable! Thank you for your contribution!

I think as of right now, here, we've narrowed down the four seasons to this:

The Boys S1: May - June 2020
The Boys S2: September - October 2020
The Boys S3: May - June 2022
Gen V S1: June / August - September 2022

Even if the Flight report has a May 2019 date, and even if Homelander is supposed to have a birthday on a patriotic day, I think those two things wouldn't make sense in the overall timeline.

Does the The Boys Wiki have a specific rule about placing dates? Because I know for a fact that, for example, the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki's timeline has rules on who can edit and what they can add. Before their timeline book came out, they just took the evidence and placed the events down to the day, and in some instances they just have a time interval and then calculate the average date to then place that event. That's a big controlled timeline and even they take those "wild guesses", is that something that can be applied to this wiki?

There aren't any rules, so you're free to edit whatever you'd like, but if there's a major mistake or anything like that, it'll get reverted.

The timeline you have there looks all right, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that S1 takes place in 2020. You could place S1 in 2019 and Gen V in 2023, and everything would align properly. Sam's Sage Grove freakout would align with the time Annie and Hughie leaked Compound V to the public (2020).

Overall, the show definitely sucks at keeping track of time and whatnot.

Season 4 likely takes place during the winter. There's behind-the-scenes footage of posters saying "Super Christmas." I personally agree with "one season per year in real-time," but this is one of the few instances where S4 likely won't take place in 2024. This is how I see it.

S1: 2019
S2: 2020
Seven on 7: 2021
S3: 2022
Gen V: 2023
S4: December 2023 (likely ends in incredibly early 2024)

Latest posts

Back