The Boys

read an interview with darick robertson over at cbr, i think, talking about that it was a content issue ultimately, not a sales one. they're shopping it around to other publishers, so it sounds like it's gonna resurface somewhere.

I just got the first six issues of this today and read it in one sitting. Yeah, it's a little rocky, a little rough. It's also got the potential to blossom into solid gold. I'm very excited that this is still going to be seeing publication, especially since the artistic tearm is so appealing to me.

Just thought I'd try and keep the fire alive.

I'll probably pick up the TPB.

Didn't Hitman end with
him dieing?
I'm not positive since they never finished the trades.

That is how it ended, yes.

You're crazy Kalicki. Crazy.

But yeah---I admit that the book starts off slow. Hell the whole first arc is pretty slow. But it's good. It has the possibility to get better. And I think it will.

I only read the first three. Maybe I'll get the trade if it's not unreasonably priced like Dynamite's other books.

I only read the first three. Maybe I'll get the trade if it's not unreasonably priced like Dynamite's other books.

There's your problem, it didn't really get good till around halfway through issue #4, IMO. Same way with Preacher and most Ennis books though, I think. They never really get good for me until about five issues in.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

God how I missed this book. #7 was awesome. Now we're cracking on Iron Man? Ennis really does hate superheroes.

I mean the first panel alone is Miller's AS Wonder Woman's "Sperm Bank" funny. "Doctor---I can't stop ****ing things."

I really wish more people were reading this. I'd love to do a Dreamcasting for this.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

God how I missed this book. #7 was awesome. Now we're cracking on Iron Man? Ennis really does hate superheroes.

I mean the first panel alone is Miller's AS Wonder Woman's "Sperm Bank" funny. "Doctor---I can't stop ****ing things."

I really wish more people were reading this. I'd love to do a Dreamcasting for this.

I thought he was supposed to be more of a riff on Batman. He's got the gritty city, the knight motif, the legion of boy sidekicks, and he's just filled with aggression.

So.... Was anyone else reminded of Joe Quesada and Brian Bendis when they showed the two comic shop guys?

Last edited:
I thought he was supposed to be more of a riff on Batman. He's got the gritty city, the knight motif, the legion of boy sidekicks, and he's just filled with aggression.

So.... Was anyone else reminded of Joe Quesada and Brian Bendis when they showed the two comic shop guys?

Naw...it was Iron Man. Mind-Droid was a riff on Vision.

I didn't think about the Joe Q and Bendis comparison. I'll have to read it again but I doubt Ennis was riffing on everyone.

Latest posts

Back