The College Thread

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Where did you go/Where are you/where do you think you want to go/where will you be going.... that sort of deal...

I got deferred from my first choice, Sarah Lawrence College, and have been accepted into Loyola University Chicago...

I'm still hoping to go to SLC, and havent heard back from Clark or Lawrence Universities, my other top choices.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I got deferred from my first choice, Sarah Lawrence College, and have been accepted into Loyola University Chicago...
You say that like it's a bad thing. I wish I could get into Loyola. You should be honored.

I want to go to Columbia College Chicago, but it's looking like I won't be able to get in. If I don't get in, I'm thinking of taking some prereqs at Purdue Calumet, and then going to the Purdue main campus.

Well, since I go to a Jesuit High School, I have a better chance at getting in at Jesuit Colleges, because they recruit from the high schools...

I'm just looking to get out east, away from the parents... but It is really nice to know that I've got Chicago waiting for me if i don't make it.

Well, I graduated from Brevard Community College, then attended the University of South Florida for about a year then dropped out. Plan on going back eventually, though.

St Johns.........but who the hell knows that's like a million years away 8)

Last edited:
I've been accepted to Boston College, the University of Notre Dame, the Ohio State University, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. I will be attending UND.

:-D

Still find it strange that America does not, as a rule, have Univerisities. Its the default in Aus. I'm going to the University of Queensland next year.

icemastertron said:
Um, yes we do. We have lots of them.
Perhaps I should have phrased that as "Americans don't talk about going to University." You all say "going to college". In Australia, colleges are for specific non-academic training such as Nanny-college.

Caduceus said:
Perhaps I should have phrased that as "Americans don't talk about going to University." You all say "going to college". In Australia, colleges are for specific non-academic training such as Nanny-college.
Now you're on the money. Some do, actually. Than others still say it, even if it's a University. Wierd people.

I'm in my 2nd year at Penn State University. I'm in the College of Arts and Architecture, as well as the Schreyer Honors College.

*drinks 15 beers*

woo! let's go state!

Well, in my case it's "have attended":

• Penn State (Worthington Scranton Campus): 2 years, transferred.
  • SUNY (State University of New York) at Binghamton, now known as "Binghamton University". Earned Bachelor of Science degree.
  • Syracuse University, earned Masters in Journalism.
  • SUNY Albany, earned Masters in Library and Information Science.

And I'm hoping at some point to go back to college (or university, or school, or whatever) and get yet another Masters (in Anthropology, most likely) at some point, but that won't be for a few years. (Because heaven knows I so need another degree in something.... :roll: )

Caduceus said:
Still find it strange that America does not, as a rule, have Univerisities. Its the default in Aus. I'm going to the University of Queensland next year.

The University of Queensland sounds like an appropriate choice for you, Cad. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I went to UCF, University of Central Florida in Orlando. Not a great school, but I was accepted, it wasn't too far from home but just far enough, and there were a fair amount of attractive women living around the campus. Had a lot of fun there...maybe too much, but did well in my classes and made a lot of friends. Hell, it was my old roommate Brody who first introduced me to the buddha (typical pothead name...Brody...I swear I don't make this stuff up). The weekdays consisted of school, possibly work, and pizza and herb in front of the TV at nights. The weekends consisted of work, and lots of drinking, smoking, and general revelry at the weekly parties held in the college apartments all around the university. The good thing is everyone you know knows someone who's having a party that weekend, so you had your pick. God that was a fun year and a half...too bad I can't remember most of it. I went there for a year and a half, then moved back down to West Palm Beach to take a really good job offer managing the outside operations of a golf course. I meant to finish up my AA at a local community college (as its much cheaper per credit hour), and move onto my Bachelor's in Film Production, but got lazy and slacked, basically just working and saving money. I'm finally going back next summer though (course I've been saying that for years...)

i've got about half a year left, and i'll hopefully be graduating from college. i'm currently attending Southville International School and Colleges, which is technically still in its diapers. the lower school department has been around for a while, but we're the first batch to graduate from the college department.

i'm taking AB Mass Communication, which was originally an "crap, there's no other course i'm interested in, and this seems okay" choice for me. i always wanted to take graphic design, but they don't offer it here in the philippines. i ended up loving mass comm though, though i don't like journalism and broadcasting as much as i love film and internet studies.

in the future, i'd like to take my masters. am hoping to take this visual arts course in singapore, but we'll see :D

Caduceus said:

I guess we just like the word "college" better

I've applied for transfer to the University of California(a bunch of them) as a chemistry major. I should hear back from them in March. I would prefer to go to UCLA or UC Berkley, but I doubt I will get into either. My next choices would be UC Davis or UC Santa Barbara. I would probably go to UC Davis first because I want to live somewhere other than Santa Barbara for once in my life.

Dr. Strangefate, how does your sexual orientation affect your standing at your catholic high school? What are the potential restrictions at Loyola University? I ask because my sister was considering going to Westmont College. It's a private christian college in Santa Barbara. She was shocked at the "moral guidelines" they required their students to abbide by. They were things like no practicing homosexuality, no premaritial sex, no drinking or drug use, even no living with a man you're not married or related to.

Baker College. It's tiny.

I would have preferred to go to Michigan State, but it probably wouldn't have worked out. I would like get a bachelor's from a good art school but that could be a ways off.

Latest posts

Back