The Dark Tower trilogy

Kal-Ill

Yes, THE DARK TOWER! It's happening!!

Hold on to your butts!! /SAMJACKSON

Ron Howard has signed on as director, and Brian Grazer has signed on as producer of a Dark Tower trilogy in conjunction with a TV series they will be doing as well.

The TV series will bridge the gaps between the 3 movies.

My hopes are very very very high.... I hope I am not being set up for disappointment as The Dark Tower is one of my favorite series of all time.

Comments, thoughts, news? Post them here!!

OMG IT'S THE DARK TOWER!!

I heard about it on G4 last night and my wife and I jumped up and hugged we were so excited! We read the series at the same time, I think it was the first thing we read together so we're really pumped.

Interesting that the TV show will bridge the gaps between the movies...I'm intrigued to see how they pull that off, and how'll they'll balance the story between the movies and the TV series.

EDIT:

So after reading the press release, I'm assuming they'll focus on the events of the first two books in the first movie, the events of book three in the 1st season of the tv series, the events of books 5 and 6 in the second movie, the flashback events of book 4 in the second season of the tv series, and probably focus on book 7 for the final movie.

I'm assuming that based on this from the press release:

Howard, Grazer and Goldsman are planning for the first film in the trilogy to be immediately followed by a television series that will bridge the second film. After the second film, the television series will pick up allowing viewers to explore the adventures of the protagonist as a young man as a bridge to the third film and beyond.

Last edited:
Interesting that the TV show will bridge the gaps between the movies...I'm intrigued to see how they pull that off, and how'll they'll balance the story between the movies and the TV series.

EDIT:

So after reading the press release, I'm assuming they'll focus on the events of the first two books in the first movie, the events of book three in the 1st season of the tv series, the events of books 5 and 6 in the second movie, the flashback events of book 4 in the second season of the tv series, and probably focus on book 7 for the final movie.

I'm assuming that based on this from the press release:

I think you've got a really good handle on it. I'd like to see it go really well, and I think Book 3 would really flow well as a season of TV.

Um I'm about to discuss some spoilers so.........

SPOILER ALERT: I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE STEPHEN KING WHEN THEY DO BOOK 6/7

Latest posts

Back