The Ends of Stories

Along with everything else about it, I love the ending of Promethea, and I think it's a thousand times better and more brilliant than people give it credit for. I've talked about it before:

I was rethinking the ending of Promethea recently and I realized something. People always seem to be slightly disappointed by the last issue. It just seems like a recap, and they wanted something final. They wanted a conclusive ending.

But Promethea doesn't give you a conclusive ending because you're reading a story about the beauty of existance, and that beauty never does end. Promethea tells you at the end that the story might be over, but she's always there and your dance with her is never going to stop. The story of Promethea is your story, and that story doesn't have an ending.

Plus, I loved Sophie accepting her regular life and living happily ever after with her boyfriend. It was the satisfying, not strangely pessimistic version of the ending of Miracleman.

Last edited:
Promethea made my head hurt. It was beautiful and fascinating and I had no idea what Alan Moore was trying to tell me, but I'm sure that it was very deep. I liked the ending too.

Promethea made my head hurt. It was beautiful and fascinating and I had no idea what Alan Moore was trying to tell me, but I'm sure that it was very deep. I liked the ending too.
Promethea changed my life.

Seriously.

Most important thing I ever read.

I nearly cried when I finished reading it. And that's very strange for me.

Last edited:
Promethea changed my life.

Seriously.

Most important thing I ever read.

I nearly cried when I finished reading it. And that's very strange for me.

I essentially feel the same way. I honestley don't see how anyone can critisize the endings of Alan Moore's works; Be it Promethea, Watchmen or whatever else, every time I put down one of his books, I usually end up spending at least an hour thinking about what I'd just read.

I like Promethea. I understand hardly any of it, but it's very powerful. And it's very well done.

The only problem I had with the ending was
how she randomly turned black.
TOG has the same problem.

I shall use spoilers from now on as people are wanting to read this.

I like Promethea. I understand hardly any of it, but it's very powerful. And it's very well done.

The only problem I had with the ending was
how she randomly turned black.
TOG has the same problem.

I shall use spoilers from now on as people are wanting to read this.

Yup.

But I loved the red outfit.

I need to find a good pic of it.

Latest posts

Back