The Exterminators

ourchair

Did anybody follow this series?

It's already been cancelled, but it's basically a really messy --- and I say that as both praise and criticism --- book about a prodigal son who returns to the family business of pest control, Six Feet Under but with scary cockroaches rather than bizarre deaths. It was written by Simon Oliver and illustrated by The Walking Dead's Tony Moore.

I picked up the first two trades on GCs cause I thoought I should give something different a chance and I don't know what to make of it. I think it's spinning with a lot of ideas, and it's utterly head exploding --- which explains why some reviewers have compared it to Lost --- but I have no idea whether it's sheer genius or laughably out of control.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, Philip Bond's covers to this series are inspired genius. He put the **** in cockroach.

08-putthecockincockroach.jpg

Last edited:
I totally forgot about this. I intend to read this one day.

Wondering if ourchair has seen this:

Showtime buggy over 'Exterminators'

July 09, 2008. Showtime is reteaming with "Dexter" executive producer Sara Colleton for "Exterminators," a drama project based on the comic by Vertigo/DC Comics. The project, now in development at the pay cable network, is said to have been originally conceived by writer Oliver as a TV pitch. In its Showtime incarnation, "Exterminators" will revolve around the Bug-Be-Gone crew, an extended dysfunctional family of exterminators whose greatest enemies aren't the insects and rodents they meet and kill on a daily basis but rather their own self doubts, vices and inner demons.

Wondering if ourchair has seen this:

Showtime buggy over 'Exterminators'

July 09, 2008. Showtime is reteaming with "Dexter" executive producer Sara Colleton for "Exterminators," a drama project based on the comic by Vertigo/DC Comics. The project, now in development at the pay cable network, is said to have been originally conceived by writer Oliver as a TV pitch. In its Showtime incarnation, "Exterminators" will revolve around the Bug-Be-Gone crew, an extended dysfunctional family of exterminators whose greatest enemies aren't the insects and rodents they meet and kill on a daily basis but rather their own self doubts, vices and inner demons.
I did.

I think I'd rather see it as a TV show, if only to tone down some of the off aspects of the book, and make it more like "Six Feet Under" meets "Dexter".

Latest posts

Back