The Falcon

I know, but he IS the falcon, he doesn't need a falcon to be called the falcon. It really is overkill on the name. It's like Luke Cage carrying a cage.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's not like the falcons carrying him around?
But he probably would. He'd stand in a corner looking pompou and stroking its head or he'd put it in a lab somewhere and start talking to it.

Guijllons said:
what?? A creative decision was made early on to reevaluate each character on the merits of their usefulness. Having such superfluous elements is essentially detrimental to the actual development of a character. But watering down each hero with nonsense you get the same problems as you have in the 616. Some things are not acceptable, and not required to tell the story of that character.

Sorry MWOF, I agree with Guij.

A falcon at all, i just added the 'robot' bit in because it adds further uselessness to an already useless concept.

You have to admit, it is a little "for the kids" having a falcon.

Guijllons said:
A falcon at all, i just added the 'robot' bit in because it adds further uselessness to an already useless concept.

You have to admit, it is a little "for the kids" having a falcon.

So are comic books... The whole concept of making the Ultimate Universe "more realistic" is the biggest oxymoron I've ever seen. This guy has a falcon, that's his character. Just give him a falcon for an issue or something and it will make people smile.

Comic books have entered the larger realm of fiction, they aren't just for the kids. Making the UU more realistic is the key, it's still fantasy. I've said before, the best writers are the best liars, because all writers are liars. The political themes, the relationships delved into within the Ultimates in particular are not things that really concern the average 15 year old.
And the Falcon already DOES have a falcon on his shoulder, in the 616 universe. In this one, for this character, it does not suit.
And furthermore, E is hardly a kid and he started this site because he enjoys comics, I'm a little older than E, and I joined to discuss the ideas that are covered in the Ultimate Universe, because they are not kids books, they are for anyone who enjoys intelligently written, sometimes amusing literature.

I don't think Sam should have a Falcon. I also don't think he should be added to the Ults just yet...not until Millar & Hitch are off (and I really hope that never happens but alas it will). Besides, he's too busy w/ Vision in a top-secret bunker somewhere. As for Hank Pym's Ant-man thingy, I think Ultron should take over Hank's comp and read into a bunch of data/research he has on controlling the creatures and then engineer it to work on people. Then Loki could hijack Ultron and use him to control even more ppl than he already does. Together, they'de try to take over America and give the 2nd arc it's name.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool. Looking forward to them.

Back on topic...

I read Ultimate Nightmare and I think the Falcon is now my second favourite character. I'd rather him be in the background of the Ultimates like a reserve, and if they need him, then they call.

Well, I give Ellis credit for extracting the costume away from a hero... And the codename, too, at that. He really seems like the person we need on every single Ultimate title there is... He's got the right head for it, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back