The Flash Movie (speculation/discussion)

What's your empirical evidence towards this? Cause I saw no indications of contradiction, besides SR's loose connection to the Reeves movies.
"Dude, because like, if they were in the same continuity, Superman would find out about Batman and beat him up!"

"No ****ing way man, Batman would totally kick Superman's *** for being such a fascist jerk!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Uh-uh!"

20040119l.gif

"Dude, because like, if they were in the same continuity, Superman would find out about Batman and beat him up!"

"No ****ing way man, Batman would totally kick Superman's *** for being such a fascist jerk!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Uh-uh!"

20040119l.gif
Exactly

CBR:

An article in the Hollywood Reporter, the big screen adaptation will not be a spin off of the "Justice League" movie. Director David Dobkin said he liked the simplicity of the character's powers. "Because of that simplicity," Dobkin said, "it is easy to design a theme and a story around what his inner life is in comparison to his superpower."

Who should the villain be? Zoom is the most powerful Flash villain, but he should be saved for a later movie. One or two of the Rogues could work, but I think they have to power Flash down (Mach-3 max or something) so he isn't uber powerful in the first movie.

Who should the villain be? Zoom is the most powerful Flash villain, but he should be saved for a later movie. One or two of the Rogues could work, but I think they have to power Flash down (Mach-3 max or something) so he isn't uber powerful in the first movie.

Mirror Master. Excellent mind game potential, his powers let him stay one step ahead of The Flash, and he could be played as a grade A Psyco. The only problem would be explaining his powers in a way that doesn't come off as cheesy and is understandable by the public. I'm not entirely sure how they work, so that'd be a bit of a hurdle.

Mirror Master. Excellent mind game potential, his powers let him stay one step ahead of The Flash, and he could be played as a grade A Psyco. The only problem would be explaining his powers in a way that doesn't come off as cheesy and is understandable by the public. I'm not entirely sure how they work, so that'd be a bit of a hurdle.
Heh. I just saw Mirror Master on The Batman yesterday. He seemed like a cool villain.

Completely agree.

I'm not to keen on having a villain like Zoom or Reverse Flash whose powers just mimic the Flash's, for the same reasons why I'm not crazy about General Zod. The fight scenes are just once cancelled-each-other-out after the next.

If they get creative, Mirror Master can have limitless possibilities, and for stuff no one's ever seen in a movie before too, which is always a huge plus in these things.

Mirror Master, Captain Cold and Captain Boomerang. Have the classic Rogues going after him. Plus imagine the fight scenes and insanity that would insue.

I think it should be Captain Cold. He's the joker, the green goblin, the lex luthor of Flash villains aina? Unfortunately it should be made before Mr. Freeze gets remade in the new Batman franchise. Otherwise I've always considered The Trickster as a poster child of Flash villains. I know nothing though.

Mirror Master, Captain Cold and Captain Boomerang. Have the classic Rogues going after him. Plus imagine the fight scenes and insanity that would insue.

people were unhappy with Spidey 3 having 3 villains, why would people be okay with 3 villains in the Flash?

people were unhappy with Spidey 3 having 3 villains, why would people be okay with 3 villains in the Flash?
Write well enough and it's possible.

Also, The Flash can fight super fast so he can have three times as many villains if he wants to!!!111 :crazy:

Cause the plot would be geared towards a super villain team up, instead of a bunch of individual stories. Just watch JLU Flash and Substance

Last edited:

It would work because the Rogues have always been the Flash's biggest enemies. It works better to have three against one in Flash than in Spidey because the Flash can keep up with them. And like it's been said, the Rogues would be there for a team-up as opposed to the Venom/Sandman thing in Spidey 3.

Write well enough and it's possible.

Also, The Flash can fight super fast so he can have three times as many villains if he wants to!!!111 :crazy:

Keep in mind though there is a lot to develop the first movie, you need flash's origin and a villain. If you have 3 villains and the origin in one movie, some of the characters might seem underdeveloped.

Keep in mind though there is a lot to develop the first movie, you need flash's origin and a villain. If you have 3 villains and the origin in one movie, some of the characters might seem underdeveloped.

I thought they weren't going for an origin though. Have him pick up the action in the beginning with periodic flashbacks to the origin of Barry Allen. This would be Wally's movie though. Some of the suggestions in the Dreamcasting were very good and explained this.

I thought they weren't going for an origin though. Have him pick up the action in the beginning with periodic flashbacks to the origin of Barry Allen. This would be Wally's movie though. Some of the suggestions in the Dreamcasting were very good and explained this.

Well intorducing a legacy concept (you have to explain how Barry died or is inactive) would eat up a lot of time as well and some sort origin would have to be at least touched upon in the first film, for the benefit of the general audience, its all about pacing, there is a lot to get through, so you habe to careful with how many villains you use.

Well intorducing a legacy concept (you have to explain how Barry died or is inactive) would eat up a lot of time as well and some sort origin would have to be at least touched upon in the first film, for the benefit of the general audience, its all about pacing, there is a lot to get through, so you habe to careful with how many villains you use.

Well you would definately have to be careful but I think it could be pulled off really. You could even have like this, someone (I don't know who Grodd, the Top whoever) hires three seperate hitmen to take down the Flash who is ruining things for him in Central City. There's better ways but that's the best I can think of right now.

CBR:

In "the ghost of rumors past" news, Moviehole is floating the name of the "How I Met Your Mother" actor Neil Patrick Harris as being ready to suit up in the crimson spandex, being considered alongside the afore-rumored Scott Porter.

Latest posts

Back