The Future Of The Avengers Franchise

-beardoms-

Right so the Avengers film franchise pretty much started with Iron Man last year. The whole concept is to allow each member have their own films which will lead in to an Avengers movie.

So we have

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man II
Thor
The First Avenger: Captain America
The Avengers

Okay so what happens then. Well here is how marvel should deal with the future of marvel movies. First thing first do not reboot certian franchises. Some can be rebooted overs shouldn't be.

Ones which do NOT need rebooting:
X-Men Franchise
Ghost Rider Franchise
Blade Franchise
The Punisher Franchise (Let the new movie be the official canon one)
Spider-Man Franchise

Ones which do:
-Fantastic Four Franchise
-Daredevil Franchise

Give marvel the rights back to the series which DO need rebooting (FF, DD), but let the studios who own the rights to the movies that DO NOT need rebooting stay with who ever owns them (Fox-X-Men, Sony-Spider-Man etc) however, Marvel should start to work out negotiations between the studios. These negotioations should be to weaken the rights to characters. This would allow certian characters to be mentioned and star in movies that are not owned by the studio. So for example Wolverine could be in a Spider-Man film if he was needed.

After The Avengers has been released. Think about the Avengers 2. It should named The New Avengers and it does not have to star previous characters if the actors/actresses do not decide to come back. If the actors don't want to return, Marvel should NOT recast. Once they have a basic plot, cast list and contracts sorted out for The New Avengers, they should start planning the movies leading in to The New Avengers. Series 2 of the Avengers could be.

Black Panther
Iron Man III (only if RDJ wants to return)
Hawkeye
Captain America II (only if actor wants to return)
Nick Fury (only if SLJ wants to return)
The New Avengers

Obviously the New Avengers will feature New Avengers and may feature some of the old ones if actors return. Then oncee The New Avengers has been completed we start with The Avengers Series 3. This will be the last series of movies. The last movie will be called Ultimate Avengers. The movies will consist if.

S.H.I.E.L.D
Hawkeye II
Luke Cage
Doctor Strange
Captain America III (only if actor wants to return)
Ultimate Avengers.

Ultimate Avengers should have a lasting consequence with the marvel shared movie universe that would have been sorted out in the contracts following the first Avengers movie (the agreements between studios previously mentioned). The perfect last scene for Ultimate Avengers would be a 2 minute voice over by a certain character (Either Iron Man, Captain America or Nick Fury) and it should show a montage of scenes of different avenger groups in the future, this would be a nice way of ending the series as the first scene in the first Avengers movie would be a series of original Avenger type teams, before the original avengers movie.

This would be the full Avengers series.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man II
Thor
The Avengers
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
The New Avengers
S.H.I.E.L.D
Hawkeye II
Luke Cage
Doctor Strange
Ultimate Avengers

Meanwile as these films continue we will get new Spider-Man films, X-Men Films, Fantastic Four films. All will have references and small cameos by characters from other movies.

That should be the future of the marvel movies.

This is the final list. The marvel movie shared universe.

Blade
Blade II
Blade III
Blade The Series
(Future Blade related films)
X-Men
X-Men II
X-Men III
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
(Future X-Men related films)
Spider-Man
Spider-Man II
Spider-Man III
(Future Spider-Man related films)
The Punisher War Zone
(Fantastic Four Reboots)
(Daredevil Reboots)
Ghost Rider
(Future Ghost Rider related films)
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man II
Thor
The Avengers
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
The New Avengers
S.H.I.E.L.D
Hawkeye II
Luke Cage
Doctor Strange
Ultimate Avengers

They should never recast characters with new actors and obviously by time this series has ended it will be around 2030. Let it all be set as time goes on. So we could see a Iron Man who is ike 30 years older in the last Avengers (Ultimate Avengers). Let it go on as time goes on. Dont let it be like James Bond, where the character never ages, characters should age with time etc.

Seriously this is how the marvel movies should go.

I'm just going to say, F4 and DD do not need rebooting, just a revamp. It's much more interesting to move forward and not to redo things. F4 was no where near as bad to require rebooting. I think people just jump on the bandwagon to hate it rather than actually reviewing the film. Daredevil was that bad but the first movie left things in a far more interesting place than just retelling another origin story, get a new director, new actors, (hopefully new studio) and just ignore how bad the first one was and make something better with a new interesting storyline. Much like The Incredible Hulk, which would have been just as good if the change dialogue to include the origin from Lee's Hulk.

To sum it up:
After F4 2-Doom is already set up in Latveria and there's a bunch of unused villains ready for a screen adaptation, let's do something interesting with that.
After Daredevil - Kingpin knows DD's identity, which means all hell is about to break loose on Murdock.

Those are much more interesting storylines for a movie than retelling the same damn story.

That's my two cents and all I'm going to say on the subject.

Also give up on the idea of negotiating with studios for the ability to use or mention other studio's characters. It's just not going to happen

This is my dream Marvel Series. LOL. This is all in good fun. This is just what im saying they should do.

I loved the first FF. The second one not that much, but i feel they did not live up to the FF name. The reason i say reboot and not revamp is because they would probably use a new cast.

S.H.I.E.L.D could work. i envision it as a mini avengers or a spy version of the avengers. It could have Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, Black Widow, Jennifer Walters, Nick Fury, Sam Wilson and Dum Dum Dugan. it would be avengers meets james bond. Also Hawkeye could feature Black Widow.

We don't need Avengers movie after Avengers movie. Give us one, maybe two, and then move on to a new franchise. Build up a suite of movies in the same way, but instead of Avengers, give us Marvel Knights, or Nightstalkers, or Excalibur, or Agents of SHIELD.

Last edited:
X-Men sure as hell needs a reboot.

I'd love to see something around the Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Misty Night corner of the universe

X-Men sure as hell needs a reboot.

I'd love to see something around the Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Misty Night corner of the universe

Hell yeah. Heroes For Hire would be cool. Maybe throw in Daredevil for good measure, so the audience isn't all "Who the **** are these guys"?

Hell yeah. Heroes For Hire would be cool. Maybe throw in Daredevil for good measure, so the audience isn't all "Who the **** are these guys"?

Daredevil would be a neat addition, but not so long as Fox has his rights.

I could see them doing an Iron Fist/Luke Cage movie much like Grindhouse, two seperate movies detailing their origins in one film then have them meet in a post-credits thing, leading in to a Heroes for Hire movie as a sequel. Then bring in Misty, Colleen, Jessica, and maybe Shang-Chi as the surrounding cast in the sequel.

Latest posts

Back