The Future....Will Suck?

Soon that Age of Technology will come to an end and the Age of Magic will once again rise. Some will be chosen by a great wizard to become Visionaries, Knights of the Magical Light!

I call "By nature's hand, by craft, by art, What once was one now fly apart!"

I love it!

"Three suns aligned, pour forth your light, and fill the archer's bow with might!"

Well, 2012 could be a very interesting year indeed.

The human population will exceed 7 billion, Ram Bahadur Bomjon - nicknamed "the Buddha boy" - will make his promised "return", and we'll see the most intense solar maximum since 1958, an event that could throw our technology out of whack for weeks or months.

Who knows.

Oh, and according Terrence McKenna and The Invisibles, December 21, 2012 is the date that reality will reach the omega point of infinite novelty and the minds of all of humanity and the entire sum of space and time will merge into a massive, immaterial superconsciousness.

So that might happen too.
The more times I say it, the more times I increase my power tenfold.
My power has increased elevenfold since I started typing this sentence.

I like how the 2012 cast follows the archetypes Emmerich set in place over a decade ago.

John Cusack as The Nondescript Everyman! Amanda Peet as the Estranged Romantic Interest! Some Random Sagely Guy as The President, now made Negro for the 21st Century! Oliver Platt as The Mouthy Adviser! Chiwetel Ejiofor as The Very Wise Man Nobody Listens To! Woody Harrelson is The Crazy Man! And a cute kid!

Oh, and according Terrence McKenna and The Invisibles, December 21, 2012 is the date that reality will reach the omega point of infinite novelty and the minds of all of humanity and the entire sum of space and time will merge into a massive, immaterial superconsciousness.

So that might happen too.

My power has increased elevenfold since I started typing this sentence.

Eww. I don't want to merge with TOG.

Some Random Sagely Guy as The President, now made Negro for the 21st Century!

So Morgan Freeman then.

Eww. I don't want to merge with TOG.

So Morgan Freeman then.
Actually it's Danny Glover, pretending he can be sagely.

Morgan Freeman now refuses to do any voice overs unless he can say "mother****er" in every other sentence.

Actually it's Danny Glover, pretending he can be sagely.

Morgan Freeman now refuses to do any voice overs unless he can say "mother****er" in every other sentence.

Well having a guy say ''mother ****er'' when the world ends seems logical.

I could have SWORN that I made a friggin' thread for this.

2012 is claimed by some with New age beliefs to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or alternatively an apocalypse). There is disagreement among believers as to whether 2012 will see an end of civilization, or humanity will be elevated to a higher level.

Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.

Astrologer John Jenkins has determined that on this date, there will be "an extremely close conjunction of the northern hemisphere winter solstice sun with the crossing point of the Galactic equator and the ecliptic", an event that will not be repeated for thousands of years.

Several authors have published works which claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:

The 1997 book The Bible Code by Michael Drosnin claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, an asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.

The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.

Patrick Geryl predicts a magnetic pole reversal. This has happened many times in the past. Geryl also predicts that the Earth will start rotating in the opposite direction although a geomagnetic reversal does not require the Earth to change its rotation direction. The Earth functions as a gigantic gyroscope. The energy required to reverse its direction of rotation would be immense. He does not explain from where the required energy will come.

Riley Martin claims that Biaviian aliens will allow passage aboard their 'Great Mother Ship' when the Earth is 'transformed' in 2012.

The human population will exceed 7 billion, Ram Bahadur Bomjon - nicknamed "the Buddha boy" - will make his promised "return", and we'll see the most intense solar maximum since 1958, an event that could throw our technology out of whack for weeks or months.

According Terrence McKenna, December 21, 2012 is the date that reality will reach the omega point of infinite novelty and the minds of all of humanity and the entire sum of space and time will merge into a massive, immaterial superconsciousness.

2012 is an upcoming American post-apocalyptic science fiction film directed by Roland Emmerich. The film has an ensemble cast, including John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Danny Glover, Thandie Newton, Oliver Platt, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Woody Harrelson. The film will be distributed by Columbia Pictures. Filming began in August 2008 in Vancouver. 2012 is scheduled to be released on July 10, 2009.

Re: 2012

The same thing that happened on January 1, 2000 will happen on December 21, 2012.

Absolutely nothing.

The same thing that happened on January 1, 2000 will happen on December 21, 2012.

Absolutely nothing.

As cool as all this end of the world stuff would be...

Yeah, its utter crap.

Absolutely nothing.
Hey. Something will happen on December 21, 2012!

My friend will have his birthday! Yay!

Last edited:

When ever I hear someone talking about life plans past 2012 I remind them that the world is gonna end before 2013 so why bother

I could have SWORN that I made a friggin' thread for this.
You did.

I remember because I mentioned all this in the thread:

According Terrence McKenna, December 21, 2012 is the date that reality will reach the omega point of infinite novelty and the minds of all of humanity and the entire sum of space and time will merge into a massive, immaterial superconsciousness.

Latest posts

Back