The godfather : the game

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Hi

I just bought the game The godfather for ps2. OMG it is like gta games but in the godfather universe/time. You design your charecter at start of game. And there is ALOT of cool featues

- Interact with charecters from the movie
- open ended
- rob banks
- bribe cops/fbi
- have a gang war!
-go in to a shop and threaten them in to giving up there shop to your family
-start off as just an outsider in the mafia and at the end of the game you can become the don on New York!

I recomend this game. Its so good I wish I grew extra arms like spider-man when he became man-spider just so I can give it more than just 2 thumbs up!

BUY this game or at the very least rent it.

sjmole said:
Its so good I wish I grew extra arms like spider-man when he became man-spider just so I can give it more than just 2 thumbs up!

Now THAT is a ringing endorsement.

Thank you E

and Planet-man I garantee you'll love it. I would recomend buying not renting but i said renting just in case its not everyones cup of tea. after you rent I would bet my life that you will want to buy it

sjmole said:
Thank you E

and Planet-man I garantee you'll love it. I would recomend buying not renting but i said renting just in case its not everyones cup of tea. after you rent I would bet my life that you will want to buy it

I probably will buy it eventually but right now I'm broke, having just spent my last $50 on Justice League Season 1(well worth it, by the way), and am currently saving up to buy Season 2 of JL, Season 3 of S:TAS, and the Superman Returns game when they come out. It's gonna be a goooooooooood year!
:D

Last edited:
Planet-man said:
I probably will buy it eventually but right now I'm broke, having just spent my last $50 on Justice League Season 1(well worth it, by the way), and am currently saving up to buy Season 2 of JL, Season 3 of S:TAS, and the Superman Returns game when they come out. It's gonna be a goooooooooood year!
:D

yeah I understand that. I my self am saving up for a trip to usa (i'm in uk) a psp , and then when I come back I'll save for ps3 or xbox 360. most likey ps3 as I think Playstations are always better than other consoles even when other consoles have better graphics

PSone >>>>> dream cast >>>> N64
PS2 >>>> xbox >>>>> game cube
PSP >>>>>>>> GBA >>>>>>>> DS

I remember ninento's consoles were very well made. Now days I feel nintendo is like a family pet that is verry old. Sure you like the pet for centimental reasons but there comes a time when you have to put the pet down. Ninedto needs to be put down.

Sorry for my rant and sorry if comments offend anyone

wow not many people intrested in this game I guess.

Planet-man did you rent you yet?

You wanna play something 100 times better than the Godfather?

Mafia.

Might be a little behind in the graphics department, but it's steeped in atmosphere and has a gripping storyline, great characters and superbly challenging gameplay. And it doesn't need to be some cheap attempt at a cash in on a popular franchise.

Fuzzy Birds said:
You wanna play something 100 times better than the Godfather?

Mafia.

Might be a little behind in the graphics department, but it's steeped in atmosphere and has a gripping storyline, great characters and superbly challenging gameplay. And it doesn't need to be some cheap attempt at a cash in on a popular franchise.

I did not like Mafia that much.

sjmole said:
I did not like Mafia that much.

I'll bet dollars to rubles you played the PS2 conversion. In which case I won't argue. PC original all the way, best crime sim ever, far better than the bloody GTA series.

Yes i played ps2 version LOL

I love the gta series.

Did you play the simpons hit and run fuzzy birds?

It's not as good as gta or godfather but still fun. I mean come on its gta+simpsons. Theres even a halloween level where you can play as homer with a doughnut for a head LOL or evil homer devil suit. "I am evil homer , I am evil homer."

sjmole said:
Yes i played ps2 version LOL

I love the gta series.

Did you play the simpons hit and run fuzzy birds?

It's not as good as gta or godfather but still fun. I mean come on its gta+simpsons. Theres even a halloween level where you can play as homer with a doughnut for a head LOL or evil homer devil suit. "I am evil homer , I am evil homer."

I think I did some time ago, but it just felt like a Crazy Taxi rip off. I've never really liked the GTA series, they just seem far too.... crude. No subtlety. I can kind of understand the appeal, but they're just not my cup of tea.

Neither are 30 year late movie spin offs. Hence my dislike towards the Godfather game. For me, a game is not just playability and graphics, but story and originality.

Developers: If you're so lazy you couldn't be bothered thinking of an original universe or characters, and you just rip off a popular franchise, then I'm gonna approach your game with caution and skepticism.

No dude. The crazy taxi rip off was Simpsons Road Rage. Simpsons hit and run is the gta rip-off.

I loved godfather game just because it felt like i was in one of the greatest movies of all time.

GTA if fun if your like me. I like free roaming. Or go up to cop shot him then get cop chase. It's very fun and the free roam adds to replay value but I agree it's not for everyone.

But i would say if you like simpsons rent hit and run

sjmole said:
No dude. The crazy taxi rip off was Simpsons Road Rage. Simpsons hit and run is the gta rip-off.

I loved godfather game just because it felt like i was in one of the greatest movies of all time.

GTA if fun if your like me. I like free roaming. Or go up to cop shot him then get cop chase. It's very fun and the free roam adds to replay value but I agree it's not for everyone.

But i would say if you like simpsons rent hit and run

Ah, my mix up. But I'm not a huge fan of the Simpsons anyway.

As for free roaming games, I'm all for 'em. And there's very little more free roaming right now than Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. No need to play missions to unlock islands or items, no need to hurry along to the next mission. You can just sit back, kill some wolves, and deliver that highly important amulet next week.

not played Oblivion yet. I did play Marrowind for Xbox thou and thought it was a great game. I would play Oblivion but I dont have a 360 (waiting for ps3)

sjmole said:
not played Oblivion yet. I did play Marrowind for Xbox thou and thought it was a great game. I would play Oblivion but I dont have a 360 (waiting for ps3)

Oooooo don't get the 360 version. Get the PC version. If your PC can play it that is. It's pretty demanding.

My pc is ok but not that good for games. It found it hard to play city of villans (really wanted to play that as well) Pluse I prefure console gaming you know?

Damn, i got this game (Godfather) and couldn't stop playing, I became Don in 4 days and then started my way to Don of New York, this game is awesome, the graphics, the sound, everything... So much better then ANY GTA.

Latest posts

Back