The Good Doctor's Gallery of Art-tastic Wonder

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Torch.jpg

Okay... That's the first image I've done with my new tablet... Hopefully I'll get better, so... you know. I stop sucking.

Here's some of my other Stuff, pre-tablet:

Index Image.jpg

That's the main bit on my Website...

comingsoon.jpg

Here was the coming soon bit before I had my website up...

Monkey__s_Flight_Home_by_TheEngineer.jpg

Picture of me flying over some mountains (full-sized here)

Hrm...

monkey.bmp

And there's something from back in the Paint days...

I like the one where the guy is thinking BLOG. I don't know what the hell is going on, but it made me look at it for like 2 minutes. Now I'm thinking BLOG.

I thought that too when I first read Understanding Comics...

Now, of course, I just want to kill Scott McCloud for copying me...

Oh, and my style actually allows movement, rather than Icons that he drew in the early nineties that he simply copies and pastes into new environments...

The bum.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Oh, and my style actually allows movement, rather than Icons that he drew in the early nineties that he simply copies and pastes into new environments...

The bum.
Is that a surprise? When it comes to culture and media, those who can't --- do theory. Therefore, Scott McCloud is a hack who prefers to make comics about creating comics than uh, actually creating comics about something.

And its not even good theory.

Will Eisner did the same thing, and was about 20 times more intelligent in how he said it.

Dr.Strangefate said:
And its not even good theory.

Will Eisner did the same thing, and was about 20 times more intelligent in how he said it.
Well, don't get me wrong but I don't really care much about who said what first, and who was 'more intelligent' about it, so long as both Eisner and McCloud are at least provoking some thought on the points they address.

Though it must be said that one thing Eisner has over McCloud is that he spent his whole adult life creating a LOT of comics, and as such his work 'speaks' for his theory. McCloud on the other hand doesn't seem to have a reputation for impressive OR prolific comics work, and its that kind of thing that just sort of invites me to assume that he's turned to academic preaching as a means to make up for that lackluster career, even if I really shouldn't.

Last edited:
*sees first picture*

How could this happen to me
I've made my mistakes
got nowhere to run
The night goes on as I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just want to scream
How could this happen to me

my bad, second picture. johnny did load the first time.

Latest posts

Back