Spider-Man The Great Jane Debate!

Chalk this up to him replying to people, "Well, I told you guys before that everyone changes their minds!"

EDIT:

Wait a second. What if Mary Jane really is shot, it's her in that ambulance to the hospital, and it all ends with Peter thinking she dies, but she never does at all. So he goes on with life (grieving of course) about MJ, and eventually, he's given one more day to spend with her.

That works.

Last edited:
I was hoping the story would be Peter rushing out on the last day of the King Tut exhibit only to find out it was already sold out, but then being told that due to popular demand the exhibit would be around for One More Day.

Oh wait, I was hoping that happened to me. But it didn't.

Quick, Joe! Make more changes! Change for change's sake has to be a good idea, right? If things keep changing, maybe people won't pay attention to a lack of quality storytelling!

People knock the Clone Saga stuff, but most Spidey stories these days make that seem like Shakespeare.

I love these people!

Ah well, there's always Ultimate Spidey.
...or maybe not.

jmsq.jpg

*Vomits*

Joe Fridays said:
NRAMA: Since it's come up again in this week's Amazing Spider-Man, let's touch on it...ever so slightly - Peter and MJ. Issue #537 ends literally with MJ and Aunt May in a sniper's sights. Point blank (pardon the pun) -

JQ: Whoa, whoa, that's not the picture I saw? Someone sent me this one…

*insert hideous Quesada Jane picture*

NRAMA: Shoot, we posted the wrong one. And to think, the fans got all upset over nothing.

JQ: ……
:lol: PWNed.

NRAMA: Okay, would killing MJ affect Peter in such a way to fundamentally change the Spider-Man character? How so? Gwen died? Others he's been close to have died...

JQ: Well, it's not like Peter has experienced so much death in his life that he's unaffected by it. Any death is going to change his life. How could MJ dying not effect the character and who he is moving forward? I go back to the Speedball example I mentioned before. Fans want characters to grow? Well, death is a part of growing up and growing old, so what's left to complain about?
Oh, I have a lot of stuff to complain about.

NRAMA: Also on that front - One More Day coming in August. Four parts - will it definitively answer the Spider-Man/MJ question?

JQ: I really can't say anything about it at this point, especially since the MJ question may be answered long before that.
Crap. Crap. Crap. Craaaaaaaap. ;_;

NRAMA: Will it fundamentally change the Spider-Man character?

JQ: No, One More Day will not change Spidey. At least no more than we've seen in the past. Bottom line is that Peter and Spidey will be the same character we've all grown to love over the years.
Well, so much for growth.

NRAMA: Given his position, both to characters and to readers, can you change the character of Spider-Man on such a level and not have it be reflected throughout the Marvel Universe?

JQ: No, so much of the Marvel Universe revolves around Spider-Man that whatever happens to him will of course send ripples throughout the Marvel Universe. Heck, they'll even feel it in the DCU.
...since when has Spider-Man been important to the MU? :l

Well, some say that Gwen's death was the end of the Silver Age. But really, Spider-Man is just another street-level hero. The only unique thing about him is how old he is, and it's never really mentioned.

keep in mind that Spidey has been involved in every major Marvel event ever. And I wouldn't call him a "street hero" as he spends most of his time fighting B-list super villains. I've always thought of like...Daredevil, Luke Cage and Moon Knight as the street guys. But I regress.

Joe Q wants to kill MJ just because he doesn't like her. I'd respect that more if I didn't hate him so much. For instance; Alex Ross hates MJ. If he decided to kill her (which would be interesting considering that he isn't a writer and doesn't work for marvel) then I'd be less angry. Well, not really though.

keep in mind that Spidey has been involved in every major Marvel event ever. And I wouldn't call him a "street hero" as he spends most of his time fighting B-list super villains. I've always thought of like...Daredevil, Luke Cage and Moon Knight as the street guys. But I regress.

Joe Q wants to kill MJ just because he doesn't like her. I'd respect that more if I didn't hate him so much. For instance; Alex Ross hates MJ. If he decided to kill her (which would be interesting considering that he isn't a writer and doesn't work for marvel) then I'd be less angry. Well, not really though.
I don't think it's so much as him hating MJ, but more as him hating the marriage.

Doesn't mean he hates the character.

Does it matter? My poor MJ (who I have been mildly in love with since I was six) may end up with a bullet in her head because of what? ...Joey Q (debatably) hates either the character or the marriage.

Does it matter? My poor MJ (who I have been mildly in love with since I was six) may end up with a bullet in her head because of what? ...Joey Q (debatably) hates either the character or the marriage.
I believe he's stated when he said about hating the marriage that he didn't mind the character (or something to that effect).

But my theory that I posted on the previous page, or the page before (which everyone has seemed to ignore) might make you happy... :D

Latest posts

Back