The HOBBIT! news/discussion

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
That's right folks, the movie that many thought would never be made is on its way. The rights were tied up in legal hell and Peter Jackson said He would not do it unless New Line was doing it, and the actors said they wont do it unless Jackson was doing it.

But MGM has recently announced they are doing it planing one or two installments and that they will partner up with New Line. No word on Jackson's involvement yet and it is unknown is MGM would continue without him.

Two instalments? Blech. As bad a rap as the old animated ones get they crammed alot of story into the hobbit. I don't see why we'd need to make two movies out of it.

Glad to hear they're moving on this. I really thought they'd do this immediately after the last movie and try and get it in theaters the following year.

MaxwellSmart said:
Glad to hear they're moving on this. I really thought they'd do this immediately after the last movie and try and get it in theaters the following year.
They probably would have (though not the following year but most likey the one after that) if the right were not in legal hell and Jackson saying he'll only do it with New Line

Hobbit prequel it won't be as cool as Jacksons LOTR but i'll go see it

ProjectX2 said:
2 movies? Weird.
The was the first of the series I read, as I recall, it wasn't that long, especially by LOTR standards, so I have no idea how they could get two movies out of it.

MaxwellSmart said:
The was the first of the series I read, as I recall, it wasn't that long, especially by LOTR standards, so I have no idea how they could get two movies out of it.
Its long depending on how in depth they want to go. They are not sure just yet, theres no script or director, they're just willing to fiance two moives if nessecary

Random said:
Its long depending on how in depth they want to go. They are not sure just yet, theres no script or director, they're just willing to fiance two moives if nessecary
Well when compared to the level of detail that went into the LOTR it wouldn't be that long. There definitely are things they could leave out.

ProjectX2 said:
2 movies? Weird.

People aren't really digging the three hour movie these days.... that's the biggest thing that hurt King Kong, and they don't want a follow up to that...

Oh god no! NO NO NO!!! No more little people with hairy feet. No more elves and faeries and 3 hour movies about nothing.

God hates elves.

There. I said it.

McCheese said:
Oh god no! NO NO NO!!! No more little people with hairy feet. No more elves and faeries and 3 hour movies about nothing.

God hates elves.

There. I said it.
You know I've got to say THe Hobbit was alot more fun than LOTR ever was. Its a classic adventure book. It just happened ot also be a set-up for a huge epic fantasy series.

Victor Von Doom said:
I got one word for you all:

SMAUG.

The most ****-talkin'est dragon ever! :rockon:
Smaug. With his one tiny weakness. I don't know about you guys, but i'd wear a belt with a buckle over my vulnerable spot. Something atleast. I'm not an end game boss.

Victor Von Doom said:
I got one word for you all:

SMAUG.

The most ****-talkin'est dragon ever! :rockon:
It's true. Visually, I think this is what a lot of people have been anticipating on the big screen since children. I can't wait for the Mirkwood Forest. There are Spiders. Since it's a good two installments, I'd also like to see Gandalf's adventure when he leaves the group to head towards (forget the name) but he rescues Baladin or something.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's true. Visually, I think this is what a lot of people have been anticipating on the big screen since children. I can't wait for the Mirkwood Forest. There are Spiders. Since it's a good two installments, I'd also like to see Gandalf's adventure when he leaves the group to head towards (forget the name) but he rescues Baladin or something.
Doesn't he meet up with Radagast The Brown who's never heard from again?

Baxter said:
Smaug. With his one tiny weakness. I don't know about you guys, but i'd wear a belt with a buckle over my vulnerable spot. Something atleast. I'm not an end game boss.

That was a million dollar shot. Stupid bird......Smaug would still be running thangs if that bird hadn't said anything. And that damn archer.....I mean he was on some Ultimate Hawkeye stuff there. No one else would've made that shot.

Latest posts

Back