The HOBBIT! news/discussion

Link to a new article about why Jackson's been booted and what the chances are that he could ever be back to direct. (Pretty good odds, actually. See the article's last paragraph or two for more.)

I really hope he ends up doing it as opposed to someone else. I'll go see it either way, but at least with Jackson directing I'll be much more at ease about the film's outcome, considering the LoTR movies just plain rocked, especially given their epic tone. I honestly enjoyed the Hobbit more as a book, and given that its a bit more adventurous and action packed in comparison to the entire LoTR trilogy, I look forward to its translation into film. I just hope its done with tact, talent, and a respect for the original work while still making it an interesting and engrossing film. And thats why I most preferably want Jackson doing this movie...I already know he's perfectly capable and will do all the things I'd like with this movie...something that isn't granted or maybe even likely with a different production team/director. And God only knows if the actors from the LoTR movies (at least the ones required, like Ian McKellan as Gandalf, or Hugo Weaving as Elrond) will reprise their roles without Jackson (or even with in some cases). We'll see...

And God only knows if the actors from the LoTR movies (at least the ones required, like Ian McKellan as Gandalf, or Hugo Weaving as Elrond) will reprise their roles without Jackson (or even with in some cases). We'll see...

Ian McKellen, I believe, said he'd be back either way. He said he wouldn't want to see anyone else playing Gandalf (And I wholeheartedly agree). But, he was upset about Jackson being dropped.

Ian McKellen, I believe, said he'd be back either way. He said he wouldn't want to see anyone else playing Gandalf (And I wholeheartedly agree). But, he was upset about Jackson being dropped.

Thats reassuring at least. I guess Weaving is the only other actor required to take up his role of Elrond from the LoTR movies (if I recall the books and the characters they shared correctly).

Latest posts

Back