The Hulk

Due to other commitments, I'm leaving this as a mini. If anyone wants to carry it on, PM me the details and I'll share the future plot I had with you.

As promised, I'm adding a few comments from the discussion on the Summer Fanfic Discussion Thread.

I think it's unfortunate that this will remain unfinished, since it's a good set up, introduces a diverse group of characters, and could go in all sorts of intriguing directions. I caught some of the inside jokes (I'm not familiar enough with regular Marvel to catch them all, but some of them didn't rely on comic book knowledge.) One real test of having lots of inside jokes is whether not knowing them makes the story harder to understand, but that wasn't the case here—the story carried itself pretty well, and any jokes I missed didn't hamper my ability to follow the plot.

The West Coast Defenders: I'm not sure if you modeled everyone in the group after the Defenders in New York City, but they provide plenty of comic relief. It would be interesting to see if they really all were as helpless (or hopeless) as they're depicted here, or whether they later would have been revealed to have some sort of powers after all.

Having Wolverine go after the Hulk appears to be everyone's dream battle. Unlike Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, however, this story at least got finished in a reasonable amount of time. :wink: The cliffhanger ending allows the reader to decide for him- or herself what actually happened, and leaves the door open for possible sequels in the future. I realize that this is a stand-alone piece, but the ending still works.

Due to other commitments, I'm leaving this as a mini. If anyone wants to carry it on, PM me the details and I'll share the future plot I had with you.

I just read this and think it should be continued!

I really like it :)

Latest posts

Back