The Immortal Iron Fist discussion [Swierczynski/Foreman] (Spoilers!)

I figure something is coming up in the fall, like "Marvel Knights/Street-Level" event, because IIF isn't the only one thats gotten the chop, and is itching for a re-start.

Moon Knight and Ghost Rider both got hiatus'd

Somethings comin up I can feel it, something headlined by Diggle, Brubaker, Sweirczynski, Benson, Fraction, Aaron, Remender and such

So Immortal Weapons #1 was all kinds of awesome

Aaron is really good at these exposition fueled stories that reveal a characters un-told origins (See: Ghost Rider #33). With all kinds of craziness infused throughout.

The Foreman/Sweirczynski story was a bit of a first, an actual street level Iron Fist story, who knew?

I'm starting to think that Sweirczynski may be on the outs as the writer of this series, wich would be a terrible shame. But if it were to happen I'd say Jason Aaron would be the #1 choice as the replacement (with Jefte Palo on art!).

It was great, my favorite parts were:

"That's when you began serving as a sidekick to monster hunter Ulysses Bloodstone, embarking on a series of adventures that took you to the far corners of the globe, from the Savage Land, to Monster Island, and saw you encounter everything from living mummies and abominable snowmen to Mole Men and Fin Fang Foom...and kick them all in the face."

"In 1939, you were the sole survivor of a team of kung fu commandos put together by British hero Union Jack to take down Hitler's secret death squad of S.S. ninjas led by the notorious butcher Herr Samurai."

I do agree that Swierczynski's recent output has been pretty tame and that the Fat Cobra special was ****ing awesome.

What are y'alls thoughts on the Bride of Nine Spiders, and Dog Brother Number 1 ones?

I thought the Bride one was pretty good, and those spiders on peoples' faces was particularly creepy. The Dog Brother one was just okay, though I did like the little twist ending.

They were nothing compared to the Fat Cobra special.

So The Prince of Orphans story by Lapham and Lozzi was ****ing great.

It also explicitly referenced the "Shadow-Lands" twice. Hinting at that upcoming even with art by Tan parhaps?

I was really dissapointed with how the Iron Fist back-up stories panned out, man did the art take a nose-dive and the story went nowhere.

If Sweirczynski doesn't return to the title, Lapham would be a great replacement same thing with Lozzi if Foreman doesn't return aswell.

Tho ideally I think I'd like to see Aaron take a run with the character bringing his Ghost Rider co-conspirator Roland Boschi along with him.

If Sweirczynski doesn't return to the title, Lapham would be a great replacement same thing with Lozzi if Foreman doesn't return aswell.

Tho ideally I think I'd like to see Aaron take a run with the character bringing his Ghost Rider co-conspirator Roland Boschi along with him.

Earlier today I was just thinking that Aaron would really go well with this title, but he's already busy with PunisherMax, Wolverine: Weapon X, and Scalped, so I doubt he'd take over.

I remember him saying he wanted to keep running with 3 marvel books at a time, with his (amazing) Ghost Rider run wrapping up in two issue's he'll be open for it.

So...does anyone know what this title's status is?

Badly planned. I don't know you can drop the ball on this. The character has momentum for the first time since anyone can remember, so you cancel the book, release a mini-series about supporting characters, then fail to put anything out at all. Why not, once the character picks up steam, stick an A list creative team on him (or at the very least B list.) and get him to the point where fans can't help but pick up the book because it is so good. get him to be B list then throw out an Immortal Iron Fist film and propel him to A-list Avengers material. I personally feel Danny Rand works better on the screen anyway and you wouldn't even need to start with RandCorp being a part of it in order to avoid the batman parallels.

Weren't they supposed to announce a new ongoing during the Immortal Weapons mini?

I guess they forgot. They don't think anyone cares about Iron Fist. :(

Back