The Jetsons movie!!!!!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Warner Bros. is bringing our favorite space age family to the big screen. The Jetsons will be a live-action story of George Jetson, his future-living family, and his cranky boss Mr. Spacely will sure delight a whole new generation. Their stone age counterparts, the Flintstones, had two films made.

Saw this on HSX today. I looked on imdb and they have it as 2009 realse date but more info only available to Pro members.

I liked the Jetson's cartoon as a kid so this will be hopefully be a fun film. Not expecting A+ movie but hopefully fun and enjoyable

SSJmole said:
Saw this on HSX today. I looked on imdb and they have it as 2009 realse date but more info only available to Pro members.
I made about $75,000 dollars off of it on HSX last night, actually. Heh heh heh. It's currently my most profitable stock holding next to Chow Yun-Fat.

I made about $75,000 dollars off of it on HSX last night, actually. Heh heh heh. It's currently my most profitable stock holding next to Chow Yun-Fat.

Damn you Ourchair!

You were not even going to mention this film!:furious:

Well, I didn't mind the Flintstones. The money laundering plot was kind of. . .ill-conceived (And Mr. Slate was in it for all of, what? 5 minutes?), but, hopefully, this will be decent too.

Last edited:
Damn you Ourchair!

You were not even going to mention this film!:furious:
I'm too busy following so much movie news and trading on the news at the HSX on it that it's hard to find time to post movie news. Even then, before HSK I rarely did anyway.

Still, there's nothing really newsworthy to say about it --- other than the fact that Robert Rodriguez may or may not be directing it --- and until we get real news about it, there's far from anything to talk about it.

I now have a $102,000 profit off Jetsons. If Rodriguez is still unconfirmed by Saturday, I'll dump it. :D

Last edited:
I thought Rodriguez couldn't get studio movies anymore after quitting the Director's Guild?

Either way, it's a strange fit for him. And I LOVED the Spy Kids movies.

So this is what happens when I leave for 2 days?

We start posting about ****ty upcoming films based on old ****ty cartoons? I guess I better not take a couple days off otherwise there'll be a thread about an upcoming Fantastik Maxx film.

Well, I didn't mind the Flintstones. The money laundering plot was kind of. . .ill-conceived (And Mr. Slate was in it for all of, what? 5 minutes?), but, hopefully, this will be decent too.
I actually liked the Flintstones movie, and I have a soft spot for those silly 'high concept' plots from the 90s.

I mean mass-produced housing using automated machinery, and embezzlement in a film that could easily have been mishandled by the studio executives as a dumb 'kids' film. It's the same kind of soft spot I have for Who Framed Roger Rabbit's freeway scheme and the the threat of urban renewal it had on Toontown.

A place for everything, and everything in its place.

So this is what happens when I leave for 2 days?

We start posting about ****ty upcoming films based on old ****ty cartoons? I guess I better not take a couple days off otherwise there'll be a thread about an upcoming Fantastik Maxx film.

Welcome back I guess

Ok even though i've not seen anything I''ll give you the "****ty upcoming film"

But since when was the Jetsons a ****ty cartoon? Seriously. It's up there with flintstones (not quiet as good as flintstones but still up there near it)

Welcome back I guess

Ok even though i've not seen anything I''ll give you the "****ty upcoming film"

But since when was the Jetsons a ****ty cartoon? Seriously. It's up there with flintstones (not quiet as good as flintstones but still up there near it)

No. It's not.

Latest posts

Back