The Last Airbender movie (watch the cartoon instead)

Grocer Man

From http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117956950.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&nid=2564:

M. Night Shyamalan and Paramount are planning their own "Avatar" project, based on the popular Nickelodeon kids TV series.
The filmmaker has inked a three-picture deal with Par's MTV Films and Nick Movies to adapt animated kiddie skein "Avatar: The Last Airbender" for the bigscreen. He will write, direct and produce the potential kids franchise.

Film version will be live-action.

...I really don't see the point.

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Movie

I recently got some HSX stock in this, but I didn't realize it would be live action.

It might look cool but damn, I don't think I want M. Knight to direct.

We gotta remember, they didn't give the project to M. Night, he wanted to do it. I look forward to it.

I don't see a point either, as the plot of the whole series will be rapped up by the series end, but if there's a good story, i'm there.

I don't see a point either, as the plot of the whole series will be rapped up by the series end, but if there's a good story, i'm there.

I was under the impression it would just be a retelling of the show in live-action form.

I'm just praying this dosen't become another Eragon.

I came across this a little while ago on wikipedia. I really want to see the special effects for this. A few weeks ago it was raining and I was thinking about how cool it would be to fight with water powers (I was originally thinking of Avatar at first) and the way I pictured it, it was awesome.

I've never seen the show. I really hope M. Knight does this. He badly needs to do something different. I was really let down with the story in Lady in the Water.

This idea still annoys me.

More Shamylan interviews:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45794

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/m_night_shyamalan_interview_you_want_to_read

"It will be tough to keep it PG from PG-13," he said about doing a PG family film. "It will be tricky. I don't know how to make a PG movie so that's going to be much harder, because with R, everything was no problem."

*imagines an R-rated Avatar film, with bloodbending, Koh, initimate Zuko and Katara encounters, and twist endings*

BWAHAHA!

I'm the only one still watching this thread, aren't I?

Keep it to your fanfiction.

It'll get more traffic once we get a trailer.

In my defense, I have never written anything close to a Zuko/Katara romance.

And for some reason, I keep imagine ads for the show showing up at the Happening.

I hope that Jesse McCartney thing is unfounded rumors.

Last edited:

I think I'll stick to the cartoons.

Latest posts

Back