The League

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
An idea I had a few weeks ago, dredged up from my mind by the "Ultimate DC" thread.

THE LEAGUE

TheLeague.jpg

From Left to Right: The Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, The Batman, and The Flash.

A Smallville Kansas couple discovers a strange craft and a child on board and their lives are changed forever. Now, it's been three years since a high flying strong-man clad in blue and red first graced the skies over New York City. Papers quickly dubbed him "Super Man" and a legend was born.

Two months later, Chicago was struck by a storm of vigilanteism. Criminals around the city were being brought to justice by a spirit of the night. Because of the symbols adorned on his outfit, this urban legend became known as "The Batman". No one knows who he is or why fights his never-ending struggle.

A few months later, Europeans reported a series of strange UFO sightings over a 1 day period. The next day, a beautiful warrior strapped with armor and weaponry-straight off of an ancient greek wall carving-came strolling into the United Nations building in New York. She claimed to be a Goddess from a paradisiacal island called Themyscira. She had been sent as an ambassador to the World of Men, to bring peace and understanding to us. By any means necessary. They call her "Wonder Woman".

Young chemist Barry Allen was working late with unstable and dangerous chemicals one night at the Los Angeles lab where he works when a terrible accident occured. A concoction of dangerous acids spilled on his skin and began to cook him alive. He desperately ran to the rooftop terrace adjacent to the lab and collapsed in the falling rain. The high conductivity of the chemicals caused him to be struck by a powerful bolt of lightning. He survived the accident completely unharmed, to the astonishment of doctors. He soon found that the accident had given him incredible speed, and following the recent spat of so-called "super heroes", he donned a red suit and began calling himself "The Flash".

Florida Air Force pilot Hal Jordan found himself face to face with an alien when it's ship crashed outside of his base one fateful night. The alien was a member of peace-keeping force that spanned the entire universe, and with his dying breaths he willed his abilities to Jordan. Now, Hal wears a powerful weapon on his finger that can create any physical shape he wishes out of pure light. He protects the Earth from all that threatens it as "The Green Lantern".

These five strangers are brought together by _________ (still undecided on this character's name), the last honest billionare in the world, who wants to provide mankind with true examples of heroism in order to bring about a golden age of moral enlightenment.

A non-governmental force operating out of a tower in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, The League is the one group standing between good and evil.

Last edited:
Cool stuff. Love the picture too. It reminds me of Red Sun for some reason.

You could have John Jones as the mysterious billionaire, who for some strange reason knows everything about the League's members... (telepathy).

Cool stuff. Love the picture too. It reminds me of Red Sun for some reason.
Maybe because of GL's Air Force look? Yeah, Red Sun definitely inspired that.
You could have John Jones as the mysterious billionaire, who for some strange reason knows everything about the League's members... (telepathy).
Goooooood idea.

My original idea was that the billionare was an alien who travels from world to world "creating" superheroes. I was going to have him engineer all of the characters' origins, but sometimes that kind of destroys the characters (For instance, Batman's parents need to be killed by a criminal or his whole motivation is gone.
I like the picture too, except Flash looks like Lil' Cap to me
I based Flash's mask off of Cap's.

Since Batman's costume is so obscured, here's a little sketch of what he looks like (Sorry for the notebook paper, but when inspiration hits me at school I rarely have any drawing paper on me):
TheLeague-Batman.jpg

I had an idea for a Justice League story where all members were connected to JLA somehow. It went a bit far-fetched with Batman's parents being killed by Desaad so I threw that idea out the window.

I had an idea for a Justice League story where all members were connected to JLA somehow. It went a bit far-fetched with Batman's parents being killed by Desaad so I threw that idea out the window.

Remember our idea for the Ultimate DC world? I had an idea for a JL story with Darkseid invading Earth and tried to **** with Superman's mind. But we were not able to finish it so I threw it away too.

Moon I like the idea that they are not governmental and don't have a base in american soil, but why cut the "Justice" out of the name too?

Moon I like the idea that they are not governmental and don't have a base in american soil, but why cut the "Justice" out of the name too?
The notion behind this thing came from me trying to do the most ridiculously realistic versions of the main JLers I could, hence GL wearing a flight suit, The Flash wearing a professional runner's track suit, Batman wearing military style pants instead of tights, etc. The "Justice League" just seemed kind of hokey. Like no real organization would call themselves that. I thought "The League" sounded much better.

I also came up with a second teir group, made up of Green Arrow, Black Canary, The Atom, Zatanna, and Hawkman.

I'll tell you a little more about them later and hopefully you'll get a better idea of how the League functions.

I still want this to happen.

Latest posts

Back