The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)

Re: New Avatar: The Last Airbender Show.

that looks sweet

teenager from the Southern Water Tribe, a girl named Korra. Having already mastered three of the four elements (Earth, Water, and Fire),

interesting.....

Under the guidance of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training as she confronts the dangers ahead of her

oooooo.......we might get flashbacks to the previous cast, like what happened to Zuko's mom?

Last edited:

I'll laugh if Tenzin's mom isn't Katara.

one of the story's settings is republic city, a "metropolis powered by steam-type technology", "inhabited by people from all nations". Here korra must deal with rampant crime and an anti-bender revolt.[10]

i am geeking out so much guys

This sounds ridiculously cool.

This sounds ridiculously cool.

The summary is basically "Aang's successor acts as Batman to a steampunk city of all four nations ruled by crime and racism." Of course it sounds awesome!

Also, the shippers are already hard at work to ship Korra/Tenzin. Which is kind of creepy, since that'd be reincarnation-assisted incest.

Also, the shippers are already hard at work to ship Korra/Tenzin. Which is kind of creepy, since that'd be reincarnation-assisted incest.

are you talking about them hocking up? cuz the show takes place roughly 70 years after the end of the last show......... tenzin gotta be late 50's early 60's

An interview with Mike Dimartino and Brian Konietzko about the new series. Mostly them talking about their ideas for Korra and the world they're building, plus some info on how Aang died.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010...avatar-the-last-airbender-on-the-new-spinoff/

Also, mods, could we please change the thread title now that we have a name for the series?

are you talking about them hocking up? cuz the show takes place roughly 70 years after the end of the last show......... tenzin gotta be late 50's early 60's

Well, we don't know when exactly Tenzin was born. He could have been concieved near the end of Aang's life. I think Iroh is about twenty years older then Ozai.

Well, we don't know when exactly Tenzin was born. He could have been concieved near the end of Aang's life. I think Iroh is about twenty years older then Ozai.

I think Katara would have reached menopause by then.

I'll laugh if Tenzin's mom isn't Katara.

If Tenzin is Aang's son, who is his mother?

DiMartino: [To Konietzko] We can say that, right? [To Speakeasy] It's Katara. It's not a huge surprise.

one mystery solved

What did you guys think of the live-action version of "The Last Airbender"?

Konietzko: We're just really focused on this new show right now, and kind of taking this off in its own direction and not concerning ourselves with that right now.

they hated it too

Last edited:

I think Katara would have reached menopause by then.

I'd personally prefer Tenzin to be an old guy (old guys being awesome seems to be a theme in this series), but I'm just saying.

one mystery solved

they hated it too

Unfortunetly, the film is doing better then expected in the US. Nick is waiting to see how it does internationally before greenlighting a sequel, so that's probably the most overt "take that" the creators are able to give right now.

Read more here : http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1107556p1.html

Sounds pretty interesting so far

Eh, I'm not really that hip to how it's sounding. I think they should have gone a bit further down future avatar line. To me that would make the change to steam technology and growth of a new evil a bit more convincing. Also I prefer to think that it's been a time of relative peace for the next few avatars after the event of season 3.

Re: The Legend of Korra

they were already using coal by the end of the last Avatar, and from coal to steam isn't that big of a jump. We don't know what this 'evil" is. and I think they didn't go to far into the future so they wouldn't lose fans they might have picked up from the movie

Last edited:

It's been confirmed that this will be a twelve episode miniseries and won't be as long as the original.

I have to say, I'm impressed they're going with something this small.

I agree. There doesn't need to be another 61 episode series.

they were already using coal by the end of the last Avatar, and from coal to steam isn't that big of a jump. We don't know what this 'evil" is. and I think they didn't go to far into the future so they wouldn't lose fans they might have picked up from the movie
I'm just talking about the natural progression of time, We've seen footage of the lives of the previous as far as the culture goes not much has changed in those hundreds of years, and I just can't accept that there would be such a radical change considering what we've seen of the universe. And a huge problem like this under happening the watch of Aang. There should just be a length peace for these issues to slowly build and explode in and avatar's time. I just don't don't see enough time for that to build considering the first show.
It's been confirmed that this will be a twelve episode miniseries and won't be as long as the original.

I have to say, I'm impressed they're going with something this small.

I like that their down this.

Unfortunetly, the film is doing better then expected in the US. Nick is waiting to see how it does internationally before greenlighting a sequel, so that's probably the most overt "take that" the creators are able to give right now.

How is it "doing better than expected" it only made $123m in the US, and $27mill outside the US, so $150mil worldwide, and it cost over $150mil to make, it's barely broken even. All the hype and studio people were expecting at least $300mil return in its first month.

So it's apparently been confirmed that the entire generation from the first show is now dead.

TZN: Will Aang in any way be in the series?

ANDREA ROMANO: I don't know how much of the series I'm allowed to tell you, but that whole generation has died. It's the next generation. So it's really cool. It's the same producers. It's the same brilliant attention to detail and I'm very excited. Right now we are just making twelve of them and we'll see what happens.

Which really sucks. I honestly wouldn't want the original cast to have a huge role here, but is it really nessacary to kill them all off?

Latest posts

Back