The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
The new Zelda officially announced!! Click here to watch the trailer.

It sadly does not show the demo footage, which was pretty cool. Though it was funny that Miyamoto was getting interference from wi-fi (supposedly) and was having problems with the controls for a bit. But it looks cool so far and can't wait to see more.

Sadly, it will not be coming out next year and instead sometime in 2011, not mentioned when or some tentatively quarterly schedule.

Last edited:
Damn it, I was hoping to get excited for this but I'm not liking the look too much, The combination of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess doesn't work for me. I'd rather they stick with the TP look, cause really the cartoonish highlights the lower graphic so they just clash. And really this wasn't the best trailer, it was basically a bunch of clips from some things Link can do most of which were meh.

Reasonable that they changed the look. It was made darker to compliment the Twilight Princess's story, but this appears to be different.

I am skeptical of this though. For one thing, I read they were trying to simplify the Zelda franchise with this one, saying that the other games were getting too complicated. They were complicated to some degree, sure, but that was fine. We'll see, though. I would love to see the game play.

[video=youtube;frh-4j_w2CA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frh-4j_w2CA[/video]

Controls seem much improved. Still imperfect though. It seemed like Miyomoto wasn't swiping because he was missing but because the controller wasn't responding correctly.

The villains look corny, too. Everything with Nintendo's conference screamed ages 7 and up.

it reminds me of the N64 zelda games (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask)

looks awesome to me. I really don't care about the graphics. I just love Zelda games.

I hoped they'd make it look like Wind Waker. Wind Waker is the only Zelda game I really loved. I enjoyed the n64 ones a little but not like i did Wind Waker.

I loved the Wind Waker, too. First Zelda game I played from beginning to end. I went back and played Ocarina, played through TP, but WW was my favorite. I loved how the whole kingdom was underwater.

i love ocarina of time
i've never played wind waker and i played part of twilight princess (which i also enjoyed a lot).

I think i may just buy a wii and get all these games and play them.

Winder Waker was criticisized I think because of how it looked. Cool characters and a great story were all there though.

I think a little polishing on colors and it should be fine. I really wish they had showed some dungeon levels.

EDIT: Apparently the controls during the live demo, were being interfered with all the other electronics emmitting infrared light. So the wii wasn't reading the wiimote/nunchuk properly.

Last edited:
The "origin of the Master Sword" is pretty interesting, as this would put this game before Ocarina of Time.

Latest posts

Back