The Legion of Super-Heroes V6

Friday

So did anyone else buy it? Joe Kalicki maybe?

I dug it. We've already got a lot of balls in the air. The idea of recruiting Earth man is a pretty good one too. I'm more interested in the politics going on here than the whole Titan bit. I think as long as we continue along at this quality level I can forgive the idea that this is the old Levitz Legion instead of another reboot.

Anyone else?

I read Adventure and Legion scans. I don't know... They felt.... dated.

I don't have any particular interest in picking either series up.

Last edited:
I tried it but I just can't get into the Legion of Super-Heroes. :(

I read Adventure and Legion scans. I don't know... They felt.... dated.

I don't have any particular interest in picking either series up.

Of course they felt dated, Levitz has written like 6 comics in the last 20 years. Honestly, I'm just glad we didn't get another Claremont on the x_men level of outright bad.

As for Adventure I had more issues. The main problem for me was with R.J. Brande's speech. I mean was that supposed to be because he was Durlan? I doubt it because even our Retroboot legion had it established as a secret back in Legion of Three Worlds. He can speak Interlac just fine. That and the whole pointlessness of the issue. I dpn't think we needed an issue to explain why and how Clark interacted with the Legion as a boy. I mean wasn't that what Superman Secret Origin number 2 was supposed to be about?

Eh, its going to get my money anyway. Excluding the threeboot and Valor I have almost every legion comic published since 1982. And I've got a good line on some previous issues I'm following up on tomorrow. This and Daredevil are the only things I'm 100% guaranteed to buy.

this is a little off topic, but I looked through all of the DC comics forums and there isn't a thread for the "threeboot" (Mark Waid) Legion.

I've been reading the tpbs and i was wondering if anyone knows how the titans/legion crossover fits in?

It was published first (the threeboot legion was introduced in the crossover), but in it the Legion's headquarters is "Legion World", they are able to time travel, and they recruit the help of the Titans without being too intimidated by meeting 21st century heroes.

In the Legion of Super-Heroes series, their headquarters is an old United Planets jail on earth, they don't know how to time travel, and are completely star struck when they meet Supergirl.

I'm sure the issues are just b/c they hadn't ironed out the details when Geoff Johns wrote the crossover and Mark Waid took the series a slightly different direction than Johns laid out. Unless I'm missing something.

I'm so glad Adventure is having new Legion stories. The old ones were fine for new fans, but I've read them all before, and some of the retro-continuity was getting on my nerves, like the aforementioned Brande speech-pattern.

Also Cap, nothing about the threeboot Legion was good or made sense. Best to forget it ever happened.

this is a little off topic, but I looked through all of the DC comics forums and there isn't a thread for the "threeboot" (Mark Waid) Legion.

I've been reading the tpbs and i was wondering if anyone knows how the titans/legion crossover fits in?

It was published first (the threeboot legion was introduced in the crossover), but in it the Legion's headquarters is "Legion World", they are able to time travel, and they recruit the help of the Titans without being too intimidated by meeting 21st century heroes.

In the Legion of Super-Heroes series, their headquarters is an old United Planets jail on earth, they don't know how to time travel, and are completely star struck when they meet Supergirl.

I'm sure the issues are just b/c they hadn't ironed out the details when Geoff Johns wrote the crossover and Mark Waid took the series a slightly different direction than Johns laid out. Unless I'm missing something.

so, I just read the Teen Titans/Legion crossover in The Future is Now (Teen Titans tpb) and realized that the legion depicted there is the second incarnation and not the threeboot team like I had thought. The crossover removed them from continuity to make room for the threeboot. The story ends with the legion lost in the space-time continuum (where they are at the beginning of Legion of 3 Worlds) and the titans in their dark future.

Then some research told me that the second half of the Teen Titans/Legion special is a separate story introducing the Threeboot (prime) continuity and is the first part of Teenage Revolution (Legion tpb).

That makes more sense.

Last edited:
This and Daredevil are the only things I'm 100% guaranteed to buy.

Well, so much for Daredevil.

So I have a horrible theory. Horrible I say.

The Legion of Superheros is going to be part of Flashpoint. They keep hinting about them being involved in an Event this year, and way back in issue 1 they name check Flashpoint at the Time Institute. We're pretty much set on Flashpoint involving Time Travel thanks to the heavy involvement Zoom seems to be hinting at in the latest issue. Add in Barrys time spent in the 30th Century and I think it might be inevitable.

I just hope they don't try and add in a bunch of crappy minis again. I've gotten really tired of that.

Latest posts

Back