The most underrated comedy of all time...

E

Excelsior Club
...is Bowfinger.

Who's with me?

...and what is Bowfinger?

Because up until now I thought that Wet Hot American Summer was the most underrated comedy of all time.

That's probably the second-most. I only saw it about a month ago but I'm definitely buying it.

On the other hand, "Stella" in general, with or without Wet Hot, is by far the most underrated comedy group anywhere, ever.

Have you clicked on my sig, by the way?

Last edited:
No I havent. I assume your sig leads to the stella shorts, which I have seen and are hillarious.

What is Bowfinger?

No I havent. I assume your sig leads to the stella shorts, which I have seen and are hillarious.

It does indeed.

What is Bowfinger?

Only teh funniest movie evar zomg.

Basically, Steve Martin is a director who wants a specific actor(played by Eddie Murphy) to be in his new film. Said actor refuses, so Steve formulates a plan to film the entire movie around the actor without him even knowing he's in a movie.

It's a MUST SEE.

I'd say the most underrated comedy of all time would have to be...

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

Bowfinger is definantly one of my favorites. I like the part where Steve Martin needs a camera crew but doesn't have a budget for one, so the next scene shows him grabbing some Mexicans that are running from the border patrol.:lol:

I'd say the most underrated comedy of all time would have to be...

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

That movie is very close, from the previews I thought it would be sucktacular, but then I saw it and couldn't stop laughing.

"Call me.....Betty, NYYAAAAHHHH!"

I liked Kung Pow, a lot, but I don't think its underrated. Not here, at least.

Oddly enough, I was mostly unimpressed with Bowfinger. I mean, it was alright and there were some funny bits but....eh

I love Kung Pow. Awesome movie. I know Craig loves it as well.

As for Bowfinger, don't think I've ever gotten the chance to see it.

At my high school it was worshiped and quoted out of being funny before i ever got a chance to see it.

They ruined it for me.

At my high school it was worshiped and quoted out of being funny before i ever got a chance to see it.

They ruined it for me.
Ugh, I don't blame you for that. I hate when people over-do things like that. My friend had a similar experience with Dane Cook, and now she hates even the mention of his name.

They ruined it for me.

That is what happened with me with Napoleon Dynamite. Well, not really, but I just wanted to say that. We had to watch the movie and study it. Study it! Analyse it! We had to figure out metaphors and hidden symbolism and the meanings of life it taught! What the hell? It's Napoleon Dynamite!

I watched it once, and thought it was funny. And then everyone started quoting it. And then I went to watch it again.

And it sucked. Bad.

But Kung Pow is hilarious. I can't wait for the second one.

Wow - I can't believe people agree with me about Bowfinger!

I'm so proud of you guys. *wipes tear*

Bowfinger was absolutely hillarious!
But I don't know if you could call it underrated. It got outstanding reviews from what I remember and most of my friends probably put it in their top 20 favorite comedies.
For most underrated I'd go with "Death to Smoochy".
Most people I know think that it wasn't that funny, but everytime I see it it kills me!:D

Bowfinger......funny bits but...... :?

Pootie Tang......now THAT'S ****ing hilarious!!!! It is the epitome of an inside joke amongst friends with too much money on their hands. :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back