The Music Thread : It's So Easy To Fly Through A Window

New Daft Punk! I really like it.

Other than that I've been mostly listening to George Harrison and The Beatles lately. Sleigh Bells 'Treats' once a while.

I was disappointed with the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album.

I'm going to see Tame Impala in a couple months! I'm hyped.

I didn't even see that when you posted it. I heard them in a commercial and tracked down a couple of their albums...I like them.

Kanye West was on SNL and absolutely killed. New album possibly on June 18 - not confirmed yet.

The songs were Black Skinhead (PHENONMENAL) and New Slaves (pretty good, still growing on me).

I cannot wait for this album.

Between new albums out today from Daft Punk and The National, I have found myself to be much more excited for The National. It feels wrong.

I like the new Deerhunter album. I'm not sure I've ever listened to them before.

I stumbled onto some older albums that I've been listening to: Paul McCartney's 'RAM', Muddy Waters's 'Electric Mud', and Death 'For The Whole World To See'.

I'm still so geeked for Yeezus. I just listened to Graduation and I can't believe how much different it sounds from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and even just the 2 songs off Yeezus.

I'm probably just going to listen to Yeezus over and over until the new Nine Inch Nails album comes out.

Yeezus is so great. I really like it. Black Skinhead, New Slaves, and Blood On The Leaves are my favorite songs, and I also really like Bound 2. All of the Daft Punk produced stuff is great.

It's not My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy but that's OK. It's way darker...this is what I thought Watch The Throne was going to sound like after HAM was released.

But it's great and it's all that I'm listening to, which is kind of too bad because I've downloaded a TON of old Chuck Berry and Supremes albums that I want to listen to.

I didn't even see that when you posted it. I heard them in a commercial and tracked down a couple of their albums...I like them.

:D They only have a couple albums. But yeah, they're great. The show was fantastic.

If you like them, you should check out Pond and Melody's Echo Chamber. Pond is a side project by two of the TI guys and honestly, I might even like it a little better. It's got a bit more of a glam sound to it. Melody's Echo Chamber is a similar psych sound with a French girl vocalist.

Getting ready to listen to Magna Carta Holy Grail. Pretty excited for this based on the snippets I've heard in commercials...

Getting ready to listen to Magna Carta Holy Grail. Pretty excited for this based on the snippets I've heard in commercials...

He should have released it before Yeezus.

Ugh, Magna Carta Holy Grail was not very good.

Lately I've been listening to Ween - I never really listened to them when they were around but a lot of their albums are pretty great. I've liked The Mollusk for a long time now but I've just now been getting into other albums. White Pepper and Chocolate And Cheese are pretty great.

I've been listening to a lot of Superunknown by Soundgarden. It blew me away when it first came out and it has aged well. It's a sonic masterpiece; it's just metal enough to stand out without being inaccessible. I'd love to see an anniversary reissue with demos and b-sides; they had a TON of b-sides from that era.

Meat Puppets is another band I've been listening to lately and enjoying.

Still MILES better than Kanye's newest. And I say that as a genuine fan of Kanye's stuff...even his experimental work.

I really, really like Yeezus. MCHG was just blah. 3/4 of it was completely mailed in.

Nine Inch Nails 'Hesitation Marks' is totally solid and is his best album since probably The Fragile.

I love it but there is nothing that really sticks out for me. It all sounds great together.

I think I like How to Destroy Angel's last album better.

Santigold. I took a chance and I love this stuff. Also, I've been gearing back into Hank Williams and Johnny Cash, along with this Russian metal band, Save.

Santigold. I took a chance and I love this stuff.

Santigold is good stuff.

My god this year has been an incredible year for music. There are so many great albums. Recently I have really liked the new Janelle Monae album myself, and one of my new favorites, CHVRCHES, releases their debut next week.

Santigold is good stuff.

My god this year has been an incredible year for music. There are so many great albums. Recently I have really liked the new Janelle Monae album myself, and one of my new favorites, CHVRCHES, releases their debut next week.

It really has. Albums by Kanye West, Marnie Stern, and The Strokes have all been great.

New Pearl Jam, Beatles (Live At The BBC Vol. 2!), and Arcade Fire are all coming up this fall.

The debut album from CHVRCHES came out today, a band that I am completely obsessed with. AVClub gave it an A, and I really agree. I think it is easily the most accessible synth-pop of the year. I highly recommend giving it a try if you like synth music at all.

Lithium - I can't remember if your user name is derived from the Nirvana song or not, but if it is and you're a fan - you must check out the 20th anniversary box set for In Utero by Nirvana.

It came out yesterday and is amazing. It's got all of the singles b-sides, the missing Steve Albini mixes for Heart Shaped Box and All Apologies, an enhanced mix of the album by Steve Albini, a bunch of demos including 2 "new" songs, and the Live & Loud concert (as well as the DVD - it's amazing).

Latest posts

Back