The New Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. (major spoilers)

Who's going to be the new Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

• Total voters
Re: The New Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'm not sure. I still think Fury's leaving was abrupt enough to merit his walking through the front door and saying "This is what happens to the world when I'm not running it (referencing Civil War). Now sit down and pay attention."

I'm leaning toward Fury. Definitely not Cap and possibly Tony but I don't see any good stories coming out of it. Is agent Carter a possibility?

And to be perfectly honest I'm more interested in seeing how Hill gets dethroned then who here succesor is.

Last edited:

I'm not sure. I still think Fury's leaving was abrupt enough to merit his walking through the front door and saying "This is what happens to the world when I'm not running it (referencing Civil War). Now sit down and pay attention."

I'm leaning toward Fury. Definitely not Cap and possibly Tony but I don't see any good stories coming out of it. Is agent Carter a possibility?

And to be perfectly honest I'm more interested in seeing how Hill gets dethroned then who here succesor is.

I think not. But maybe they'll have it to where Fury was maybe trying to make a point that he was that damn good. I mean he HAS been doing this all his life. Not tony, he's got a company and other obligations it seems. Otherwise they could just turn his comic into him running shield all day and i doubt he would give up his company for that. Not Cap because he stands more for American ideals rather than america itself. I think him running shield would be a wrong turn for his characters direction. I can only see Hill being shot between the eyes for being a capital ***** and fury taking his throne back with her body laying at the foot. Also the president will die.

Deathlok. He's the only true american patriot.

Or Howard the Duck because Joe Q is a lying *****.

MAJOR SPOILERS:

From This Week's LitG

French artist Gerald Parel, upcoming on "Iron Man," posted the following image on his blog, although it's gone now.

Further discussion reveals that this is the cover to "Iron Man" #15.

However, this may all be part of some elaborate online windup. Mark Millar posted on Millarworld that this image gave away the fact that there will be a new Iron Man at the culmination of "Civil War," when the image did no such thing. And this explanation was left in public for quite a while before being pulled. Certainly enough for message boarders, bloggers and me to fall across it.

The image can be found here.

Hmmm....not sure how I feel about that.

Is that Ryan Reynolds?

EDIT: To comment on E's post, neither do I. I hope not. Maybe it's Spiderman and Tony dies and gives everythign to Peter to inherit. So peter becomes the new iron man for the time being.

Last edited:

EDIT: To comment on E's post, neither do I. I hope not. Maybe it's Spiderman and Tony dies and gives everythign to Peter to inherit. So peter becomes the new iron man for the time being.

God, I hope not.

Why not, this is all Tony's fault to begin with. i say let him die or put him with the UC Stuck crew. I really hope he's not director of shield. Fury needs to shoot him

Why not, this is all Tony's fault to begin with. i say let him die or put him with the UC Stuck crew. I really hope he's not director of shield. Fury needs to shoot him

Well yeah, I mean I wasn't implying that Tony would be Iron Man, thus possibly being the new Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., I just hope that that isn't what they do with Peter.

Latest posts

Back