The Next

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
So what do you get when you take the dry humor of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" book and cross it with Nextwave?

You get "The Next". Very weird....and actually uninteresting.

I'm not gonna bother with an explanation......this is strictly for the hardcore collectors of odd.

Yeah....it's a comic book from DC. Apparently there's these "celestial blobs" that hitchhike on strings of energy that go all thru time. Kinda like the streams of time that Bill and Ted traveled on.

One of the blobs loses its head and falls of the stream and lands it our time. It take the form of a transparent dog with cogs instead of bones and befriends some punk rock girl. Which scares her into getting hit by a bus.

So she's lying on the ground dying and the other blobs decide to save her by giving her a piece of their life force. But in doing so they have intertwined life forces and cannot leave our time without killing her inadvertantly.

Superman is made aware of the temporal disruption made by these creatures-----you know what.....I'm just gonna stop there. Because if you made it this far into the explanation, you should be happy your eyes aren't bleeding.

It's not a bad book per se......just poorly executed and an obvious rip-off.

Victor Von Doom said:
Yeah....it's a comic book from DC. Apparently there's these "celestial blobs" that hitchhike on strings of energy that go all thru time. Kinda like the streams of time that Bill and Ted traveled on.

One of the blobs loses its head and falls of the stream and lands it our time. It take the form of a transparent dog with cogs instead of bones and befriends some punk rock girl. Which scares her into getting hit by a bus.

So she's lying on the ground dying and the other blobs decide to save her by giving her a piece of their life force. But in doing so they have intertwined life forces and cannot leave our time without killing her inadvertantly.

Superman is made aware of the temporal disruption made by these creatures-----you know what.....I'm just gonna stop there. Because if you made it this far into the explanation, you should be happy your eyes aren't bleeding.

It's not a bad book per se......just poorly executed and an obvious rip-off.

Whew! Good thing I generally steer clear of D.C.

It looked like a crappy version of Nextwave, so I wasn't trying it anyway.

Latest posts

Back