The Number 23

Looks very interesting.

This movie would look extremely intriguing....if not for the fact that the concept seems somewhat familiar....right down to the number.

Can someone say Lostsuit? Or Damon Lindelawsuit? Or J. J. "Copyright Infringement" Abrams?
Don't have a clue as to what you reffer to. :neutral:

4 8 15 16 23 42.

23 is one of the Lost numbers. Those guys are Lost writers.

:cry:

I hate seeing jim carrey in none comedy films.

I know he can be good in normal roles but i just keep waiting for him to do something funny.

but the film looked good nice trailer

Don't have a clue as to what you reffer to. :neutral:

As Proj said, 23 is one of the LOST numbers, but in addition to that, the entire concept of someone's life being "cursed" by particular numbers, leading to paranoia, plus the motif of having the number start to show up all over the place, are lifted straight from the Numbers subplot of Hurley on LOST.

And furthermore, the last scene in the trailer is nealy identical to a scene in The Shining. I mean, come on now.:dazed:

As Proj said, 23 is one of the LOST numbers, but in addition to that, the entire concept of someone's life being "cursed" by particular numbers, leading to paranoia, plus the motif of having the number start to show up all over the place, are lifted straight from the Numbers subplot of Hurley on LOST.

And furthermore, the last scene in the trailer is nealy identical to a scene in The Shining. I mean, come on now.:dazed:

Never've seen The Shinning, I'm afraid. But I do see what you're saying. But that doesn't really bother me.

Looks pretty good. Although the director and Carrey in a serious role kind of turn me off.

Wow. This actually looks very good. I'm tempted to see it, and I don't even really like Jim Carrey.

Looks pretty good. Although the director and Carrey in a serious role kind of turn me off.

Jim Carey was great in Man on the Moon - yeah, it was about a (sort of) comedian, but it was a "serious" role.

Jim Carey was great in Man on the Moon - yeah, it was about a (sort of) comedian, but it was a "serious" role.

The Andy Kauffman film? True, but Kauffman was eccentric, which Carrey can do.

Still, it looks decent regardless.

Now that was interesting. Its great to see a trailer that was actually done well. To me it seems like every trailer lately has just basically been a clip of the movie, like the simpson of fantastic four 2.

I like Jim Carrey, but his strengths is in comedy. I heard the Majestic bombed but this looks promising.

Its also interesting how they make 23 look like a with all kinds of relations thought you could probably do that with most numbers. I reminds me of that South Park episode.

The books series Illuminatus! by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea (written 1975, way before Lost) puts forth the concept of a reality-spanning mystical/political conspiracy in which the number 23 and all of its permutations (2,3, 5=2+3, 6=2x3, 8=2 cubed.) are signs of this consiracy ruling your life and governing reality.

This movie, if at all derivative, likely derives more from this cult classic trilogy than from Lost. In fact, ever since I learned of the Lost numbers, and noticed the inclusion of the number 23, I suspected that they derived their numbers underlying the basic principles of human civilization on Wilson and Shea's work.

I'm not going to lie. This looks pretty sweet. Even though supernatural stuff tends to freak me out, I think I will probably see this.

I watch it all the time. Really, no bother.

I'm with Ice - I watch Lost and have no problem with this movie.

In fact, this movie has me REALLY interested in seeing it.

I liked Eternal Sunshine and I like Jim Carey in more serious roles... Don't know why, really. I miss Ace Ventura and the Mask. But, anyway... I like the concept of this movie. I'll definitely go see it.

I can't stand Jim Carey in his over-the-top movies like Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber, and the Mask. His more serious work is why I like him. Eternal Sunshine and The Truman show are some of my favorite films.

Latest posts

Back