The Official Wizard World CHICAGO 2007 thread.

Great merciful heavens -- someone besides me knows what a Moomintroll is? I'm stunned! :shock:

I remember reading those books when I was a kid. Maybe they're more popular in Europe....

No lunch for me there...we barely choked down those ****acious $7.50 cheeseburgers (which, by the way, were raw). It was nasty. Joe ate his - I might have eaten 1/4 of mine and my wife barely touched hers. I think we're going to stop somewhere and bring a lunch in. Not sure yet.
In Philly, there was a marketplace right across the street from the convention center, and that's were I ate most of the time during the weekend. The food was much better, and I could get away from the crowd.

Here's a list of local Chicago restaurants. The "fast food" stuff is mentioned near the bottom.

In Philly, there was a marketplace right across the street from the convention center, and that's were I ate most of the time during the weekend. The food was much better, and I could get away from the crowd.

Here's a list of local Chicago restaurants. The "fast food" stuff is mentioned near the bottom.

Thanks. Joe mentioned there was a McDonalds and a Denny's relatively close by.

I was going to insult the gay *** smile, but mine's just as bad

But I could insult the teeth if you want me too.

Ouch baby. Very ouch.

You know if you what to know where the best places to eat in Chicago, it wouldn't be a bad ideal to ask some of the people who live, have lived, or live near Chicago.

Like you could go eat at Portillo's, Al's Beef, Carson's Ribs, Pusateri's, Charcoal Delights, Superdawg, Dunlays on the Square, The Wiener's Circle, and Hot Doug's.

Great merciful heavens -- someone besides me knows what a Moomintroll is? I'm stunned! :shock:

I remember reading those books when I was a kid. Maybe they're more popular in Europe....

Me and my brother use to watch the cartoon when we younger , He had a couple of books it. Moomin is cool , I'm shocked more didn't recognise him

Last edited:
Hey, I didn't insult them, did I?

Stay away from the hands, and I'll keep away from the teeth

I'll gladly stay away from your hands, but I don't think there's anything wrong with my teeth. Or should I say, my teeth aren't the same as your hands.

I still have all of my hair, if you want to go there.

The only pictures I got were of my son with some people in costumes, so I don't really have anything to post.

I caught up with Joe, but he wasn't feeling well and left after a while.

I picked up some very cool stuff I'll post about later.

Oh, and I have decided that I am going to set up a billiards room in my house and cover the walls with Alex Ross paintings. As awesome as his work looks in comics, to see a big poster-sized reproduction of his work is almost mind-blowing. My wife was even impressed.

You know if you what to know where the best places to eat in Chicago, it wouldn't be a bad ideal to ask some of the people who live, have lived, or live near Chicago.

Like you could go eat at Portillo's, Al's Beef, Carson's Ribs, Pusateri's, Charcoal Delights, Superdawg, Dunlays on the Square, The Wiener's Circle, and Hot Doug's.
Portillo's :drooling: ...

Last edited:
I got some good pictures of cosplayers for the Cosplayer thread... Aside from that, there wasn't that much to take pictures of... Plus today I put my camera in my car halfway through, so I wouldnt have to worry...

Lots of Venoms this year. One pretty good one, the rest were just okay... One left nothing to the imagination. It looked like he tucked the the back INTO his crack... If you were the sort to look at butts, at least (and he was pretty cute, so I did. Shut up).

I bought:
Mutopia X
Iron Man: Mask in the Iron Man
Daredevil: Love's Labor Lost
Daredevil: Typhoid Mary
Lost Girls (cuz I'm a perv)
A Bootleg of the entire series of Daria
A Final Fantasy VIII lighter
3 T-Shirts - "Jimmy Olsen Must Die", A Black Adam Shirt, and a Daily Planet T-shirt.
And a British Documentary about Alan Moore called "The Mindscape of Alan Moore", which is on two very sexy looking discs.

I was the one who asked about what was up with Young Avengers, and Whether we'd be seeing more Nextwave...

Also Asked whether we'd be seeing more of Ernst in the X-Books, but nobody seemed to know what I was talking about.

Shade asked about the return of the Infinite Multiverse - Dan Didio - "I don't know what you're talking about" (and he wasnt being coy, I think he misheard the question or something)

Also: A random girl kissed me. She told me it would cure her. Afterwards she walked away and said "I'm Cured!"

I don't know how to feel about it. But I felt a little dirty afterwards.

I had a LOT of fun... i was exhausted today because Shade and I stayed up until around 3 in the morning (we saw a LATE showing of Stardust, walked home, and then hung out on the roof of my Mom's Apartment Building in Chicago), and got up at 7/7:30 so we could get the wristbands to get into the Dark Knight Panel.

I'm back home now, unfortunately... I work tomorrow at 10 AM... Not looking forward to it, but what can you do...

Sorry I wasnt that sociable... but next time if people are Panelhopping with me, that shouldnt be a problem... I love wandering, but I like the panels more...

DC Panels, as usual, were MUCH more fun than the Marvel Panels.

Bob Wayne is ****ing Hilarious in conjunction with Dan Didio...

Last edited:
I swear I did not see a single Venom. We saw 2 black suit Spideys but no Venoms.

I also did not see that Rorschach that someone posted a picture of earlier. I didn't see any of the girls either except the Emma Frost. We saw 2 Poison Ivys, A Marv (Sin City) which was pretty good but not great, a Tusken Raider which was awesome - he even had a voice changer thing and make the grunting/sqealing sounds. There was a Plastic Man with a huge beer gut, and an Elvis Superman with stuffed shorts. Yeah.

The best costume (aside from the 501st Star Wars costumes - those are incredible) was probably the Darth Maul, who actually might have even been part of the 501st but didn't seem like it. My son even said he thought the horns were real. :D

I left my stuff in the car because i didn't feel like hauling it in, but I got some pretty good swag...I picked up the Bone Collection for 50% off, some Escapists collection which I'm still not totally sure it's collecting but nonetheless looks fantastic, The Cage MAX TPB which I've been looking everywhere for, Ult. Fantastic Four vols. 7 & 8, Miracle Man #5-7, and a Megatron reissue which was so cool I couldn't pass it up. It's not that stainless steel one but if I spent $200 on that I wouldn't be alive to tell you guys about it. I got enough grief for getting this one. I'll post a pic later.

I got some other stuff but it's 2 AM and I just drove 5 hours back to Michigan...my brain is not in order right now.

Darth Maul was FANTASTIC...

And the Beer Bellied Plastic-Man was a helluva lot of fun, wish I had gotten a picture of him...

I might be mixing Venoms with Black Suit Spideys... But yeah, same deal as what I said above.

Also: I have a picture of the Rorschach

Another thing - I found out first hand what a ripoff cabs are. I should have listened to Joe - we took a cab to and from the convention center on Friday because we were unfamiliar with the area and didn't want to deal with driving there, parking etc. On Saturday we drove because we had to check out of the hotel and were leaving for home when we left the show. It literally took like 4 minutes to get there and it was about a 2 mile drive, if that. We drove on the busiest of the 3 days and had zero problem getting in and out of the parking garage.

The cabs took us down Mannheim Street and the toll ended up being just under $10.

What do I know; I've ridden in a cab exact zero times before this.

Now I know for next year.

And Joe - we ended up having a late breakfast at the iHop down the road on Mannheim and didn't get a lunch. Then we had dinner and this awesome faux-Mexican place called Caliente's (I think). I would very highly recommend doing something like this next year.

E - Drive yourself in Chicago and LA, don't drive in NYC. That's the rule with the big three...

Should you ever come out to the Big Apple, you take the cab or the subway. Parking in Manhattan is abysmal...

But yeah... I drove from Downtown chicago, and it was pretty damn easy there and back.

Another thing - I found out first hand what a ripoff cabs are. I should have listened to Joe - we took a cab to and from the convention center on Friday because we were unfamiliar with the area and didn't want to deal with driving there, parking etc. On Saturday we drove because we had to check out of the hotel and were leaving for home when we left the show. It literally took like 4 minutes to get there and it was about a 2 mile drive, if that. We drove on the busiest of the 3 days and had zero problem getting in and out of the parking garage.

The cabs took us down Mannheim Street and the toll ended up being just under $10.

What do I know; I've ridden in a cab exact zero times before this.

Now I know for next year.

And Joe - we ended up having a late breakfast at the iHop down the road on Mannheim and didn't get a lunch. Then we had dinner and this awesome faux-Mexican place called Caliente's (I think). I would very highly recommend doing something like this next year.

Yeah and its only going to get worse. Their talking about an increase due to gas prises and some of the other transits being shut down because those lazy good for nothing politicians can't figure out the budget, down state. Also a lot of state funded systems are being shut down and state employees arn't being payed because of it too.

Man, Bone is great. That is all I have to say.

Latest posts

Back