The One Year Later Game

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Okay, this isn't really a game, but I decided to put it into this forum because it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Everyone knows about DC's One Year Later. After Infinite Crisis, every DC title skipped forward a year.

But what if other things did as well?

What if the Marvel Universe skipped for a year after Civil War? What if various Dark Horse titles did? What if TV shows did? What is Lost or Prison Break or Heroes like a year later? What about games, books, movies etc.?

This thread is to post your ideas about various One Year Laters that could take place. The only limit is your imagination. The possibilities are endless.

Go.

Alright, so here's my One Year Later version of Marvel Comics.

Basically, the cut off point is Civil War #7. After that issue, everything jumps forward a year.

Tony Stark is still Director of SHIELD, and it turns out he's the best Director they've ever had. In a single year he's reduced the number of supervillains and crime is at a new low. However, he's thrown away his friends in the superhero community to get to this position, and he's now a loner and an outcast once again.

He only uses the Iron Man suit when absolutely necessary, but is known to take it out for test flights when stressed.

I can imagine a big secret would be what has happened to Steve Rogers. So instead of killing him or something dumb like that... he's still imprisoned. He's in a high tech cell aboard the Helicarrier and is visited by Tony everyday.

And now another surprise... turns out Winter Soldier infiltrated the Helicarrier a month after Steve surrendered, and attempted to kill Tony Stark.

He failed.

He's now kept in a cell in another part of the Helicarrier. There is a parallel between Tony and Bucky - they were once heroes, but are slowly and slowly turning into villains.

It's only a matter of time before Tony manages to track down Nick Fury.

And now, we cut to the New Avengers, who are pretty similar to the Post Civil War line up now. We've got Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and child, Dr. Strange (who is permanently in his astral form - it is rumoured his physical body was destroyed by something) and Wong. The group have relocated to Wakanda and are sometimes joined by Black Panther and Storm.

Spider-Man... is no more. After realising the mistakes he's made during the War, he disappears. He makes a deal with Wilson Fisk - getting Mary Jane a new identity and put into hiding. Peter is nowhere to be found.

But a new Spider-Man is appearing in the city, donning the classic black costume... the only mystery is... who is this guy?

Daredevil has also fled the country with Milla, and is currently travelling the globe. He occasionally stays in Tokyo with Elektra and The Hand, sometimes he's in Paris. Sometimes he hangs with the New Avengers in Wakanda and joins them on missions to help free captured superheroes or whatever.

The Fantastic Four have decided they needed a time out and are now light years across the galaxy. The only problem is that they can't get back. The comic would be about them constantly entering new realities and universes, meeting new characters, while trying to get back to earth.

The X-Men won't have changed much. They are immune from the Registration Act. The teams are changed a bit (Nightcrawler is now on the Astonishing team, as Beast may have taken a job offer from Tony) and Xavier is missing (it's rumoured Stark has considered him a thread and locked him up underground somewhere). Also... a depowered Magneto is working at the school.

Oh, and Hulk. Hulk is slowly on his way back to the planet. Considering all of the heroes are separated and divided, who has the power to stop him? Maybe Stark will have to release Steve who has the power to assemble all of the superheroes for the biggest battle of their lives?

I see Punisher being one of the only heroes to stay in New York City. Everyone who has been sent after him has been killed. He's still killing all the criminals, because somebody has to.

Due to Stark's interference, Attilan and Atlantis are ready to declare war on USA, with Wakanda following suit. Meanwhile, Doom manipulates all of these factions against each other for a sinister purpose...

If I remember anything else, I'll edit it in.

Basically, the cut off point is Civil War #7. After that issue, everything jumps forward a year.

Tony Stark is still Director of SHIELD, and it turns out he's the best Director they've ever had. In a single year he's reduced the number of supervillains and crime is at a new low. However, he's thrown away his friends in the superhero community to get to this position, and he's now a loner and an outcast once again.

He only uses the Iron Man suit when absolutely necessary, but is known to take it out for test flights when stressed.

I can imagine a big secret would be what has happened to Steve Rogers. So instead of killing him or something dumb like that... he's still imprisoned. He's in a high tech cell aboard the Helicarrier and is visited by Tony everyday.

And now another surprise... turns out Winter Soldier infiltrated the Helicarrier a month after Steve surrendered, and attempted to kill Tony Stark.

He failed.

He's now kept in a cell in another part of the Helicarrier. There is a parallel between Tony and Bucky - they were once heroes, but are slowly and slowly turning into villains.

It's only a matter of time before Tony manages to track down Nick Fury.

And now, we cut to the New Avengers, who are pretty similar to the Post Civil War line up now. We've got Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and child, Dr. Strange (who is permanently in his astral form - it is rumoured his physical body was destroyed by something) and Wong. The group have relocated to Wakanda and are sometimes joined by Black Panther and Storm.

Spider-Man... is no more. After realising the mistakes he's made during the War, he disappears. He makes a deal with Wilson Fisk - getting Mary Jane a new identity and put into hiding. Peter is nowhere to be found.

But a new Spider-Man is appearing in the city, donning the classic black costume... the only mystery is... who is this guy?

Daredevil has also fled the country with Milla, and is currently travelling the globe. He occasionally stays in Tokyo with Elektra and The Hand, sometimes he's in Paris. Sometimes he hangs with the New Avengers in Wakanda and joins them on missions to help free captured superheroes or whatever.

The Fantastic Four have decided they needed a time out and are now light years across the galaxy. The only problem is that they can't get back. The comic would be about them constantly entering new realities and universes, meeting new characters, while trying to get back to earth.

The X-Men won't have changed much. They are immune from the Registration Act. The teams are changed a bit (Nightcrawler is now on the Astonishing team, as Beast may have taken a job offer from Tony) and Xavier is missing (it's rumoured Stark has considered him a thread and locked him up underground somewhere). Also... a depowered Magneto is working at the school.

Oh, and Hulk. Hulk is slowly on his way back to the planet. Considering all of the heroes are separated and divided, who has the power to stop him? Maybe Stark will have to release Steve who has the power to assemble all of the superheroes for the biggest battle of their lives?

I see Punisher being one of the only heroes to stay in New York City. Everyone who has been sent after him has been killed. He's still killing all the criminals, because somebody has to.

Due to Stark's interference, Attilan and Atlantis are ready to declare war on USA, with Wakanda following suit. Meanwhile, Doom manipulates all of these factions against each other for a sinister purpose...

If I remember anything else, I'll edit it in.
God Almighty.

Why the hell aren't you writing comics again? This is seriously brilliant. Honest-to-God truth. I see you like I see BKV. I'd buy anything you'd write. I wish things were done this way, as much as I enjoy how some things are now. This surpasses so much it isn't funny.

I really like how you have shown the similies between Tony and Bucky. It fits in so well it couldn't work any better. The way you have everyone spread out and Peter not being Spider-Man is a good touch as well. Most noteably is the FF gone elsewhere. That right there is such a great idea. I like that all four are taking a break together yet still have to be a team as they try to come home, which works best as they can't just come home. Most writers would have them back instantly instead of giving it a chance. I like that. A lot. That to me is like when the X-Mansion gets blown up. Instead of seeing the possibilites of where can the X-Men go now with no home, they just have them rebuild it.

And it's really cool how WWH fits better here then in the actual comics, where there are still plenty of heroes around. It's great how you would have Tony having to use some captured heroes to help fight.

Great work again.

I really like the idea of this thread. Soon I'll do a Marvel OYL, but for now, I'll detail what I'd do with DC One Year Later. With a few exceptions, assume the events of 52 went down the same way. Rather than doing the WWIII books, I would have had a series of annuals over the course of 52 for all or most of the current DC books, with each one detailing a part or sum of the character's journey during the missing year.

After the Crisis, Lois Lane decides to journey to Bialya. In the midst of Infinite Crisis, a particularly messy coup was staged, and Lois embarks to investigate rumors of genocide. Powerless, Clark decides to go with his wife, figuring he can do more help there than in the city, and hoping to support Lois. What they uncover is a whole series of political overthrows stretching through the whole region and into North Africa, orchestrated by Intergang. Bialya is their temple-nation, performing bizarre experiments and massive ritual sacrifices on the people. Clark and Lois get caught in the war-zone of World War III, and Clark is seriously injured. We'd pick up with a one or two shot of Clark in critical condition in a Middle Eastern hospital. Internally, he struggles with the duality of living his life like a human, but not being human at all. Slowly, unconsciously, his powers crawl back as the terrified and hopeless speech from the post-war wreckage seeps into his ears. He rises from his hospital bed and flies off to help with the disaster aid. Action Comics would focus on Superman's fight against Intergang both in Metropolis and abroad, with Darkseid as the long-term looming antagonist, Jimmy Olsen as a major supporting character (He'd replace Clark throughout the Clark-in-Metropolis 52 scenes) and the New Gods making frequent appearances. Superman would have Superman facing his traditional colorful enemies, particularly Luthor, who keeps a few loyal members of the Everyman Project along as his personal muscle.

During the one year gap, Clark left Kara behind as the official custodian of Metropolis. Deciding she needs a way to connect with the real world, he sets her up with an internship at the Daily Planet. Her annual would follow the course of a day as she tries to juggle all the different responsibilities Superman would normally have to face. OYL, she's like the Robin of Metropolis, cutting her teeth on crime fighting while dealing with the trauma of being a teenager.

Batman spent the missing year trying to get the monkey off of his back. The annual would deal with his journey to enlightenment. He realizes that the devil inside him cannot be destroyed but must be used as a tool, that he can be both The Man Who Is A Demon and The Demon Who Is A Man. OYL, Batman is believed to be dead. The bat-signal is still out of commission, and when the Justice League reforms (check that out below), their official pronouncement is that Batman won't be returning. Still, crooks and lunatics murmur about a ghost bat that serves as a spirit of vengeance. Some hypothesize a new person may have taken the mantle, while everyone who glimpses the Bat declares he's an avenging spirit, a devil of vengeance. The Batman remains an enigma, thought even by the police to be dead, while Bruce Wayne is the father-figure and philanthropist playboy with a heart of gold. Detective Comics would tell more noir-style detective stories, with the Gotham branch of Intergang and their connections to Ra's Al-Ghul and the League of Assassins as a slowly building threat. Batman would deal more with the traditional rogue's gallery.

Nightwing would have Dick Grayson in Bludhaven, trying to rebuild while preventing the criminal element from gaining control. It would deal more with non-powered criminals and threats such as the mafia and corrupt politicians, with the Huntress and now-legit Penguin (sorta) in supporting roles.

Robin doesn't need much changing.

I'd launch a new Question series, with a strongly noir feel. Montoya and Bulloch operate a PI agency out of Gotham City. Montoya dons the Question costume when necessary (and Bulloch would know the secret). The cast of Gotham Central would feature prominently, with Batwoman as the agency's enforcer and Crispus Allen as the Spectre making cameo appearances. The Kane family would be revealed to have strong ties to the remnants of Intergang left in the city.

OYL, Wonder Woman is the good-will ambassador for New Themyscira. She spent the missing year going on a pilgrimage to the seven mythic holy grounds of the Amazons. During the year away, Donna Troy has prophetic dreams from the now-missing Queen Hippolyte telling her that some amazons remain on earth, and that she needs to gather them together along with other strong women to form a new seat of knowledge and culture. Wonder Woman goes on adventures in the name of peace, while Donna tends to the difficulties of maintaining her new utopia.

Justice League of America would rise out of the three heroes' return, in much the same way they are now. The cast would probably be pretty similar to Dwayne McDuffie's, with the iconic characters taking the seats of prominence. Wally West would be the team's Flash, with Hal Jordan as the team's Lantern.

Justice Society of America would stay pretty much the same.

OYL, I'd have the three big guys gather together and decide that the superhero community needs more structure, and each of them coopts or forms a new team, each in their own vision.

The Outsiders are on the run from governments around the world after countless violations of international treaty. Batman comes to them and offers them a new direction: a black ops strike force which is known only to exist by the JSA and JLA. It is their job to work as an international metahuman secret police force. Nightwing would be in charge.

New Titans would be gathered together by Wonder Woman from the older members of the Titans (Donna, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, Jericho) to serve as a sort of non-partisan emergency services team. They face against mythic threats and as a search-and-rescue squad.

Infinity, Inc. would be formed by Superman and led by Steel, as a sort of support group looking to help rehabilitate delinquent metahumans and help new metas control their powers.

The Teen Titans would move back to an all-teen cast.

Hawkgirl would transform into a sort of modern pulp adventure series, with Keira traveling to the most exotic places in the world in search of powerful and dangerous artifacts which were scattered around the globe in the Crisis.

Shazam! would have Mary Marvel take over as the new Captain Marvel, with Billy as the Wizard Shazam. She'd be the sunny and innocent protector of Fawcett City, a town where magic and wonder run wild.

The Flash would have Bart, Barry, and Wally returning from the Speed Zone and settling back into the world. It would follow the whole family of Flashes, with Jay Garrick based out of Central City, Wally as the Flash and Bart as Impulse, in Keystone City. Barry would be retired, offering advice to both Bart and Wally.

I'd introduce another new book dealing with the international politics of the DCU: from Atom Smasher, who decided he couldn't abandon the people of Khandahq and took charge as their leader, to the nations under the sway of Intergang, to the Great Ten (with China having ceded Oolong Island to Bialya in return for metahuman research technology), and Bane.

Oh, and Green Arrow. Rather than running off to a desert island, he stayed with the people of Star City. During the missing year, he manages to uncover a stack of crimes which indict practically the whole administration of the city. In the process, his identity is uncovered, but he's loudly regarded as a hero. Oliver Queen is elected into office and becomes the first known superhero to openly serve as a civil servant.

Ultimate Spider-man : one year later (One year after end of clone saga) (aka ultimate Spider-Man: Identity Crisis)

The comic opens up with S.H.I.E.L.D agents all over Peter's house. Peter is wanted for murder (Not Spider-man!). Aunt May explains she's not heard from Peter for months. Nick Fury now believes he must have been right about Peter. Everything that happened must of made him snap.

The pressure of everything that happened is too much for Mary Jane too who is now living in another city using the name "Mattie Franklin". As far as she is concerned her life as Mary Jane is over and she wants to be as far away from the monster and villains and Spider-man as possible.

Mary Jane is also dating a famous stunt man/dare devil named Johnny Blaze. Her look has changed dying her hair black and looking more like a goth. She is also wondering what secret her boy friend Johnny is hiding as he seems to disappear every night.

The Kingpin has since got out of prison and took over the crime world once more but is now more powerful than he has ever been before since Spider-man was not around to stop him. Over heroes like Daredevil have tried but eventually failed and died.

Even J. Jonah Jameson has printed an apology in his paper and even asked "Where is spider-man when we need him most" The city is falling apart from crime and something needs to be done. The heroes that can help like the fantastic four are busy with their own villains.

Spider-Woman returned but died at the hands of kingpin's newest enforcer "Morrie Bench" (Ultimate Hydro-Man)

Things start to look up though when a new hero named "Dusk" shows up. That then raises the question who is Dusk?

Key notes
  • Peter parker did NOT murder anyone but was framed by Norman Osborn who had broke out of prison before the clone saga and discovered one clone who had NO powers. Norman made him commit the murder.
  • Norman Osborn's involvement in it is revealed at the end of the story When Peter clears his name by proving he was somewhere else at the time.
  • Following story a new tougher Peter who has a similar personality now to 616 punisher (but still cracking some jokes) Ignores Nick Fury's advice and goes straight after The green goblin on his own and in to a trap.
  • Peter is dusk
  • Dusky/Spider-man does not stop kingpin but does help stop the crime level abit
  • Kingpin is taken care of with his men during a Mini series "Ultimate Venom" in which Eddie Brock Jr. returns to the city to try and put things right now that he has control of the suit. However in this mini he will find out that the person Peter was framed for murdering was Eddie Brock Jr.'s girl friend making go insane and becoming a villain again permanently! (Norman had planned on this encase spider-man beat him again (story following green goblin arc = "Venom returns!")
  • Mary Jane will also return in a new on-going "Ultimate Ghost Rider" where she will stay in that series under her Mattie Franklin name.

Note : I ignored the arc that is going on at the moment as I figured one year later = skipped it same with Ultimates 3

snip
Question: where's this going? I mean, you've created a pretty interesting world, and it reads to me like you've started going somewhere with it and then just gotten bored.

Alright, here's how I'd do Marvel OYL.

To start with, I'd have World War Hulk take place during the missing year, and most of the major changes to the universe would happen as a result of this.

OYL, Tony Stark is operating internationally as an Agent of SHIELD. He now works internationally using the full resources and cutting-edge technology of Stark Enterprises. He no longer publicly operates as Iron Man, but keeps a suit and support crew on hand in case more heavy weaponry is required. During the rampage of the Hulk, information surfaced about the events surrounding the Hulk's return. He took the bullet for the Illuminati, facing trial before the Supreme Court. He's pardoned shortly thereafter and secretly recommissioned as a field agent for SHIELD. He now fights the threats of HYDRA and worldwide terrorist organizations for the good of the United States. Tony Stark, Agent of SHIELD would be a modern reinterpretation of Steranko's Nick Fury, with cool cutting edge technology and flying robots. I think I'd move Black Widow in as a supporting case member.

Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker are living under false identities in Los Angeles, with their infant child. Spider-Man is no more, and Parker is wanted for attempted murder. Aunt May is dead, and Peter decided that the only way to protect his family was to neutralize the Kingpin. So he shows up at Kingpin's office with a gun, and he learns that he just can't pull the trigger. The cops bust in, and Peter is left on the run, from the police, the criminals, and his old rogue's gallery. He finds he'll have to come out of retirement if he wants to keep his new family safe. Also, he'd end up serving as a sort of unofficial mentor to the Runaways.

Avengers: The Initiative would play out as more of a baseball farm league feel. Rather than being military recruits, they're all competing against each other to get drafted into the best teams. The Initiative has been in effect for about a year now, so they'll be the second wave of heroes.

Captain America is missing and presumed dead after the SHIELD hellicarrier which held his prison crashed landed into the Atlantic Ocean. Cap and the Hulk, who were locked in combat, were both lost in the crash. The Winter Soldier holds S.H.I.E.L.D. responsible for Rogers' death. Captain America follows Bucky as he gathers together a team to investigate the current administration of S.H.I.E.L.D. What they find are a conspiracy which ties all the way back to the original super-soldier experiments and ties S.H.I.E.L.D. back to the horrific acts of Weapon X.

Daredevil has spent a year traveling abroad, honing his skills and trying to reach a new understanding of justice, after the recent pains he's suffered through. Daredevil would have a vicious and terrifying Daredevil protecting the streets of Hong Kong.

I honestly like Proj's idea for Fantastic Four. I honestly can't think of anything too interesting to do with them.

OYL, Johnny Blaze is operating out of a traveling carnival, comprised of metaphysical and mythical misfits. The carnival's intent is ambiguous, traveling the United States and changing everything it touches. But Blaze's dreams tell him there's a plan behind the journey, a path of holy pilgrimage that could offer him redemption.

Bruce Banner wakes up in a Sicilian monastery, having miraculously washed ashore from the hellicarrier crash. His memories are hazy, and the Hulk stomps through his nightmares. Now Bruce Banner is public enemy number one, hunted by the Illuminati, world police, rogue nations who want him as a WMD, and The Hulk who's wresting for control of Bruce's body.

Namor The Sub-Mariner is in exile, and while the Hulk is still dead, the militaristic regime of Atlantis is still devoted to his cause: destruction and conquest throughout the surface world. Namor must make allies with old enemies in the surface world and stop Atlantis from attacking the surface if he ever wants his kingdom back.

Wolverine accidentally disemboweled himself while masturbating. He's decided to take a break from shredding things. OYL, Wolverine is attending psychiatric sessions with Doc Sampson, and paying out the ***.

Professor X, now depowered and decrippled, is now an employee of S.H.I.E.L.D. In the wake of the Superhuman Registration Act, the public are clamoring for a stronger police force to supervise the mutant population. War hawks want to reinstitute sentinels, but Maria Hill offers Professor X another option. He can work hand-in-hand with S.H.I.E.L.D. to regulate mutant affairs and provide positive cooperation between the mutant community and the government. His new team is titled (adjectiveless) X-Men. The other X-books would keep their old feel for the most part.

52 for Marvel would be a big action movie book. Hulk's ship crashes in the desert early in the story, and one of the big plots is the various teams of the Initiative trying to uncover exactly what's happening. Every issue except the first and last would include a profile of a different Initiative scene. Hulk goes to the moon to meet with Black Bolt in his palace. He tears through the royal family. He walks out of the palace, listing the king's crimes, while Black Bolt's corpse hanging like a rag doll from his hand. He expects awe or at least sympathy, but all he gets derision, and in a rage, he levels Attilan. All that's left is a crater. He comes to Atlantis and lists the crimes against Namor. The Atlanteans, outraged that Namor secretly met with the land-leaders, are outraged. He's banished, and a coup allows a militant factor to take power. In return, they swear fealty to Hulk's attacks on the surface. The final set piece would have Hulk attacking S.H.I.E.L.D.'s primary hellicarrier. He fights Iron Man, and in the brawl, the Hellicarrier is being torn to shreds. An unconscious Iron Man is hurled from the hellicarrier, and Captain America emerges from his damaged cell, to make sure the Hulk is buried underwater forever. The ship crashes into the Atlantic Ocean while the two are battling.

That's awesome, Zombipanda. I'd read all of those (even Wolverine). I liked how we had a few similar ideas. Great minds think alike.

Oh, and I didn't know what to do with the FF either, and I read on another board about making them be Exiles meets the Swiss Family Robinson, and thought it was neat.

That's awesome, Zombipanda. I'd read all of those (even Wolverine). I liked how we had a few similar ideas. Great minds think alike.

True that. I think the way to do it is to diversify the books, so they aren't all just straight up superhero books. I dug your Daredevil angle. The idea of him as an international mystery man really works for me.

ProjectX2 said:
Oh, and I didn't know what to do with the FF either, and I read on another board about making them be Exiles meets the Swiss Family Robinson, and thought it was neat.

I think when it comes to the Fantastic Four, it's natural to put them in an isolated, Challengers of the Unknown situation like that. I did a similar thing with the Ultimate 2099 concepts, and I think a lot of people move in that direction. The characters just don't fit as well into the world view as a lot of other teams and characters, so it's sort of natural to just send them off and let them do their own thing.

Amalgam: One Year Later

Axel Asher, a.k.a. the multiversal guardian known as Access, is stuck in the post-Civil War 616 Marvel Universe, ever since the universe-shattering events of Inifinite Crisis and 52, which seemingly closed the inter-dimensional portal he once protected so zealously.

Now a destitute resident of the former District X, he is sick of the constant unrest that has plagued the neighborhood since M-Day/Decimation (as depicted in X-Factor, Son of M, etc.) Furthermore, he has chosen to avoid registering as a super-human, convinced that his powers have disappeared, ever since the dimensional rift was snuffed out.

However, the unexpected appearance of a Monitor infected with the Zombie virus in the Marvel Universe convinces Axel that he must once again settle the cosmic imbalances between the various universes, created by the various reality-warping events (House of M, 52, etc.).

To do so, he must first re-create a new Amalgam Universe, from the threads of the various fractured realities.

Access' mission relies on him teaming up with the Uatu the Monitor to manipulate events from behind the scenes, which will achieve equilibrium to the multiverse, once it is restored.

Along the way, he will encounter various sets of characters, most of whom represent "second tier" Marvel and DC characters, as opposed to the "big guns" represented in previous incarnations of the Amalgam Universe:

* brutal super-spy The Winter Hood (Jason Todd/Bucky amalgam), who is dispatched on a black-ops mission by the Black Queen (Amanda Waller/Maria Hill analog) to retrieve a mysterious object from a rogue state in South-East Asia (a Madripoor/Oolong Island amalgam);

* a group of teenagers who discover that their parents are secretly the leaders of the organized crime network InterPride, an influential villain syndicate carrying out the work of the New Gods of Gibborim;

* the 198 surviving civilians trapped within the bombed-out, irradiated remains of Bludhaven, kept under government lockdown, and monitored by the fascistic rule of the Force of July (Freedom's Ring/Sentinel Squad O.N.E. amalgam);

I know I had a few more ideas in mind. I'll post them as soon as I remember. (Or if anybody seems to care.)

Last edited:
Amalgam: One Year Later

Axel Asher, a.k.a. the multiversal guardian known as Access, is stuck in the post-Civil War 616 Marvel Universe, ever since the universe-shattering events of Inifinite Crisis and 52, which seemingly closed the inter-dimensional portal he once protected so zealously.

Now a destitute resident of the former District X, he is sick of the constant unrest that has plagued the neighborhood since M-Day/Decimation (as depicted in X-Factor, Son of M, etc.) Furthermore, he has chosen to avoid registering as a super-human, convinced that his powers have disappeared, ever since the dimensional rift was snuffed out.

So far soi good, I like it

However, the unexpected appearance of a Monitor infected with the Zombie virus in the Marvel Universe convinces Axel that he must once again settle the cosmic imbalances between the various universes, created by the various reality-warping events (House of M, 52, etc.).

Now, the appearence of a Monitor infected with the zombie virus doesn't sit well with me for some reason. There needs to be a better reason here.

To do so, he must first re-create a new Amalgam Universe, from the threads of the various fractured realities.

Access' mission relies on him teaming up with the Uatu the Monitor to manipulate events from behind the scenes, which will achieve equilibrium to the multiverse, once it is restored.

Along the way, he will encounter various sets of characters, most of whom represent "second tier" Marvel and DC characters, as opposed to the "big guns" represented in previous incarnations of the Amalgam Universe:

* brutal super-spy The Winter Hood (Jason Todd/Bucky amalgam), who is dispatched on a black-ops mission by the Black Queen (Amanda Waller/Maria Hill analog) to retrieve a mysterious object from a rogue state in South-East Asia (a Madripoor/Oolong Island amalgam);

* a group of teenagers who discover that their parents are secretly the leaders of the organized crime network InterPride, an influential villain syndicate carrying out the work of the New Gods of Gibborim;

* the 198 surviving civilians trapped within the bombed-out, irradiated remains of Bludhaven, kept under government lockdown, and monitored by the fascistic rule of the Force of July (Freedom's Ring/Sentinel Squad O.N.E. amalgam);

I know I had a few more ideas in mind. I'll post them as soon as I remember. (Or if anybody seems to care.)

That's all top notch, I like it

Brief Looks at What I would do in the Marvel Universe... To be expanded on when I am not a zombie of tiredness.

The Missing Year would occur directly after the Death of Captain America, and the end of the Marvel Civil War

OYL - The Amazing Spider-Man
Aunt May is Dead. MJ has been relocated to Canada under a false name, where Peter said he'd meet up with her in a few short weeks. He never came. Sightings of Spider-Man will be coming from across the country, with Peter settling for a while in Chicago. That's where we'd meet up with him, using another fake identity for another night in the cheap apartment he rented for a month. I have an idea for a preliminary plot, but i'm going to keep it to myself for the time being.

OYL - The Invincible Iron Man
This title would essentially turn into Tony Stark: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. with nonsensical one-shots here and there showing the absurdity of working within the information game. Tony will be obsessed with finding Nick Fury... more and more paranoid that the SHIELD agents on the helicarrier would mutiny against him and hand the whole thing over to Nick without a moment's hesitation. He begins to become paranoid with all the power and regret hits him hard over what's happened to so many of his friends, especially cap. So he starts drinking again.

OYL - Thunderbolts
Tony Stark is the only contact between the US Government and the Top Secret Super-Human Military Task Force, Codename: Thunderbolts. These missions will be grounded in realism and take place almost entirely outside of the United States. The Team Leader will be Wolverine, and their first target will be the destruction of the hierachy of the terrorist cells in Iraq. The other Thunderbolts I'm still thinking out a bit...

OYL - The Defenders
One Year Later and the Initiative is Fully In Place, there are over fifty teams of Defenders (which is a more apt name for a Military Defense system, methinks), one in each state, and smaller task forces working in American Territories across the globe. Jim Rhodes will have exposed himself to the Extremis Strain, allowing him to run every team from a central S.H.I.E.L.D. Base in the midwest... Each of the fifty teams has a former Avenger on board as their leader. The overarching storyline I'm working on

OYL - The Avengers
Will be ACTUALLY Avenging Captain America's death... This team will not be your typical team of Avengers. They are being led by Bucky Barnes and The Punisher to infiltrate the SHIELD Helicarrier and Kill Tony Stark... I have more, but the articulation button in my brain seems faulty.

Last edited:
I like the idea of Rhodes taking Extremis and co-ordinating everything... that's wicked.

And I seriously want a Tony Stark: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. title now. I wish that was what Millar/Hitch were doing.

OYL - The Defenders
Jim Rhodes will have exposed himself to the Extremis Strain, allowing him to run every team from a central S.H.I.E.L.D. Base in the midwest...
BEST IDEA EVAR! Of course, that would basically turn him into Marvel's answer to Mr. Terrific. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, really.

Last edited:
My one sucked didn't it? :lol:

It was special in its own way....

The problem I had with yours is that it was too drastic. The Ultimate universe is supposed to stay true to the basic tenets of the characters, but yours was all crazy-go-everywhere-whacko-cuckoo.

Last edited:
It was special in its own way....

The problem I had with yours is that it was too drastic. The Ultimate universe is supposed to stay true to the basic tenets of the characters, but yours was all crazy-go-everywhere-whacko-cuckoo.

Yes it was :lol:

Latest posts

Back