The only way out is in a body bag...

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I was reading a thread on the new avengers at comixfan. I don't know why this popped into my head but they were talking about Luke Cage joining and all I could think of was "What if... Luke Cage died somewhere down the road". So instead of creating a thread that dealt with just my opinion, I thought I'd make one that elaborates more on the Comic Survey question "Who should die and stay dead". Who do you guys think will die next in the Marvel Universe or Ultimate Universe? I know someone's slated to die at the end of the Enemy of the State Arc in the Wolverine title... so you could take your guesses on that here or think further down the road based on characters actions taken now.

My guess was my inspiration, Luke Cage. I think it would pull a few heart strings considering he has a baby on the way. He joined the Avengers saying something like it'd be cool knowing it's father was an Avenger. Well, that kinda seemed like he was just doing it for fun but what if there was some dire consequences to the action of taking up the New Avengers Membership.

I think Millar's going to kill off Nightcrawler in Wolverine. His book has been put on infinite hiatus. But that's just what I've put together from the rumours. Don't know who Bendis is killing though...

ProjectX2 said:
I think Millar's going to kill off Nightcrawler in Wolverine. His book has been put on infinite hiatus. But that's just what I've put together from the rumours. Don't know who Bendis is killing though...

Wait, I don't mean Bendis is killing anyone... Just your thoughts on who you'd see getting killed off in the near future...

I hope it's not Nightcrawler...

I'm going to point this out again. It contains spoilers but only from the solicits of Enemy of the State and the next arc, Agent of SHIELD I believe it is called.

*Spoilers Start*
The person Wolverine kills will be resurrected in the next issue to serve as another super-powered Hydra asassin alongside the already deceased-and-resurrected-and-deceased-and-resurrected-again (this last issue) Elektra. Probably Nightcrawler or Kitty Pryde but they come back as an agent of Hydra/Hand

So..

Back on topic, personally, I'd like ANYONE of the X-men to die and stay dead. Colossus would have been nice and I'm still hoping that his return ties in with the climax of Joss' run. But thats just me. Some characters can benefit from the death and spring cleaning of being brought back like Psylocke. Some however do not need this and should stay dead like Jean Grey. This will never happen but it would be nice.

Caduceus said:
I'm going to point this out again. It contains spoilers but only from the solicits of Enemy of the State and the next arc, Agent of SHIELD I believe it is called.

*Spoilers Start*
The person Wolverine kills will be resurrected in the next issue to serve as another super-powered Hydra asassin alongside the already deceased-and-resurrected-and-deceased-and-resurrected-again (this last issue) Elektra. Probably Nightcrawler or Kitty Pryde but they come back as an agent of Hydra/Hand

I'd go with Nightcrawler then... Thanks, Cad.

So would most people, its just that Wolverine ad Kitty already have a history of being trained as a ninja. That makes somepeople think its Kitty and some NC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not reading Wolverine, but I don't think it will be (scattered spoilers) Kitty because she's part of a top 5 book. I think if anyone did anything with her it would be Whedon.

This is very sad, but I am very proud of my editing job on that post. I mean, look at it! Every possible spoiler has been masked. I rule at masking spoilers.

I was just thinking of how much I hate the cover to Pheonix: Endsong #3....

Then how much I hate Wolverine... so I got to thinking how tragic would it be if Wolverine was killed by the one thing he desires so much. That'd be awesome. I don't read the titles is there any chance of that happening? Or wait there's obviously no chance but if there was could it? Yeah, that's the more appropriate question.

i'd like to see Xavier get canned, then General Ross, and then Fury. all in the same arc...OOOOH NO! open warfare :twisted:

TheManWithoutFear said:

Then how much I hate Wolverine... so I got to thinking how tragic would it be if Wolverine was killed by the one thing he desires so much. That'd be awesome. I don't read the titles is there any chance of that happening? Or wait there's obviously no chance but if there was could it? Yeah, that's the more appropriate question.

Judging by the fact that Wolvie's an Avenger in 616 starting in March... i wouldnt cross your fingers....

TheManWithoutFear said:

Wow, it almost seems like your obssesed with hating Wolverine. And come on. You REALLY think Marvel will let Wolverine finally die? :roll:

Wow, it almost seems like your obssesed with hating Wolverine. And come on. You REALLY think Marvel will let Wolverine finally die? :roll:

That won't happen for a few decades, if ever. If they do, it'll be retconned to a what if? and labeled it's own universe.

2 years later....

:lol: i was thinking the same thing before i decided to post this. I would like to see Justice bite it. That kid looks dumb. same with gauntlet, he reminds me of that girl from she-hulk. and also that harvey guy from celebrity fit club

Latest posts

Back