The Onslaught x-over [spoilers]

E

Excelsior Club
I was out of comics when the original Onslaught saga happened, even though I went back and bought the Onslaught: X-Men and Onslaught: Marvel Universe bookends because of the Fantastic 4 involvement.

Marvel is reprinting the crossover collection in 4 volumes. The first came out a couple weeks ago.

Anyone else pick it up?

I'm reading it now...not really my thing but it kind of reminds me of the Clone Saga in that I get that they (Marvel) were in trouble and trying to make something happen. It actually reads pretty well, although I can't imagine having to collect all of these issues as they were coming out. The writing suffers from typical 90s problems and the coloring is terrible (waaaaay too bright), but the art is good - Kubert is at the top of his game here. I'm not digging the Joe Mad stuff as much, but it's still decent.

And the X-Men costumes...they are awful. I hate that shoulder utility belt Scott wears. :roll:

I've considered picking this and The Age Of Apocalypse up.

The last Onslaught bookend was really one of the first comics I ever read when I was like 10.

Onslaught seemed like a great idea. I'm curious to read the entire story.

And the X-Men costumes...they are awful. I hate that shoulder utility belt Scott wears. :roll:
Worst costumes ever.

I loved how Whedon made fun of it.

I have the AoA volumes, all awesomeness. I'll get the Onslaught ones soon. I am also going to be getting The Apocalypse volumes that will start in March.

Last edited:
Onslaught

So...I've been reading the original Onslaught saga because it seemed like something I should have read. I read a few issues of it way back when but I'm reading the new series of TPBs that are out (3 of 4 are out) and I'm on #2 right now.

Some of it is decent for basically being a 90s X-Men story (that's two strikes already), but there is so much crap filler that I'm seriously having trouble forcing myself to continue with it. Mostly the X-Factor stuff with Sabertooth and Random and all that. I just can't make myself care about those characters - X-Factor is such crap.

But the core of the story with the X-Men was at the very least interesting and at worst decent. I wish I could just get through all of these pointless crossover issues that have nothing to do with anything.

Re: Onslaught

But the core of the story with the X-Men was at the very least interesting and at worst decent. I wish I could just get through all of these pointless crossover issues that have nothing to do with anything.
Yeah, there was A LOT of tie-ins that had nothing to do with the story, like some tie-ins with current events.

My brother has an issue of Generation X that's a Onslaught tie-in and has no reason being one.

Latest posts

Back