The Origin of Thor, Reactions (Ultimates 2 #4 spoilers)

Did the Origin of Thor deliver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
It may be a little soon to post this poll, but I just finished reading the issue a few hours ago, and I'm a little jazzed.

So, did the origin of Thor deliver?

TheManWithoutFear said:
That wasn't Thor's origin. You're all being tricked by Loki.

Agreed. I think we got about the first 1/3 of the story. :D

I haven't had this much fun watching comic book characterizations unfold since I first read Richard and Wendy Pini's ElfQuest books back in the early 1980s. Absolutely wonderful!

I finally just went ahead and bought the issue yesterday (and could justify doing it on work time because I want some of our local comic shop folks to come and help me with children's programming this summer :D ). At this point I've read it over four times and am still trying to decide what I think of the whole thing. The Norwegian Super Soldier program seems like a logical explanation of the whole thing, except....

...Except. I don't know, maybe it's me, but I would like something that can't be explained by science, that's actually beyond science, even though it doesn't fit most of the rest of the Ultimate Universe, even if it's from outside the Judeo-Christian belief system I grew up with. I find the possibility of a powerful, benevolent being who's got a different, apparently better agenda than most of the human race to be appealing. Perhaps it comes back to our original discussion about Thor's abilities and the power of belief.

And maybe I just want that enough that I'm willing to ignore a perfectly valid, rational explanation of this character. Who knows? I need to spend some more time thinking about this. And we do still have at least one issue to go on this topic.

It ain't Thor's origin. It's all Loki.

Where did the bomb go? And why was Loki smiling at Thor when he was talking to Volstagg?

I loved this issue so much.

It didn't disappoint one bit.

Bass said:
Where did the bomb go?

If he uses the 4th dimension couldn't it have just gone in there and just never rematerialised back in the 3rd dimension? Shaky knowledge of 4D theory here but i seem to remember that would be how it would work...

Bass said:
And why was Loki smiling at Thor when he was talking to Volstagg?

Don't know, throw us off the scent?

Argh, i dunno, but he CAN'T be a god, that just wouldn't work somehow.

icarus_me said:
If he uses the 4th dimension couldn't it have just gone in there and just never rematerialised back in the 3rd dimension? Shaky knowledge of 4D theory here but i seem to remember that would be how it would work...

Don't know, throw us off the scent?

Argh, i dunno, but he CAN'T be a god, that just wouldn't work somehow.

As Thor said before he got rid of the Chituari bomb "oh yea of little faith"

Also to Jean Grey in regards to the Phoenix "there are more things in this universe than even your Proffesor Xavier can imagine"

Don't be fooled by Loki's web of lies.

Latest posts

Back