The Podcast Thread

ourchair

I'm pretty sure E started a thread about podcasts before, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I jus wanted to ask if anyone here subscribes to any podcasts, or at the very least, checks on a particular podcaster's episodes every now and then.

I've been following Fanboy Radio and Word Balloon since 2004, before the latter became part of the Newsarama network and I've been trying to catch up with fat pixels radio which is now been re-branded as the GamaSutra Podcast.

My girlfriend follows several audio fiction podcasts, but the ones I like to check on the most are Black Jack Justice from Decoder Ring Theatre, the now defunct Space Ship Radio, which broadcasts old radio dramatizations of popular science fiction.

Last edited:
I listen to mostly G4 podcasts, but I also have the Apple Podcast, Dane Cook podcast...and that's pretty much it. The G4 ones are broken down from their shows and segments and stuff.

I listen to mostly G4 podcasts, but I also have the Apple Podcast, Dane Cook podcast...and that's pretty much it. The G4 ones are broken down from their shows and segments and stuff.
I think you should consider the Gamasutra podcast formerly known as fat pixels radio. Its a bit of a talkfest, and a little cerebral, but I really like it.

I wish GamePolitics still had a podcast.

I like The Ricky Gervais Show.

I was trying to search for this and decided to just randomly go to page 11 of The Lounge and this thread was the first displayed. I ****ing rule the Internet.

Podcasts I currently listen to:

iFanboy - both the audio and the video podcast; I really like the three guys and think they have great interaction and I enjoy finding out about new comics through them
Murmur - it's by the guys behind iFanboy but with more people and they talk about movies and music and TV and technology and books and cooking
The Ricky Gervais Show - over the past few years it's came out in a variety of forms; currently it is a series of Guide To's where Ricky Gervais, writing partner Stephen Merchant and bald Manc **** Karl Pilkington discuss certain topics such as The Future and Society
Adam and Joe - Adam Buxton and Joe Cornish, two British comedians who are really funny yet hard to tell apart (I think Joe is the one who has cowritten a bunch of screenplays with Edgar Wright)
Creative Screenwriting Magazine - it's about screenwriting; a guy interviews writers about their movies - I only listen to the ones I'm interested in
The Monkey Inquisition - I'm quite behind on this one but it was pretty funny - a guy (I follow him on Twitter and he's got a lot of wit) asks a young woman he knows questions about whatever pops into his head; her answers are amusing and sometimes frightening

There are a few which I listen to occasionally - Hamish and Andy, two Australian radio guys who are really funny and sometimes the odd /Film or Wordballoon podcast.

Latest posts

Back