The Prestige Discussion (Spoilers)

Oh, by no means did it ruin the movie for me. Like I said the films is still an 8/10. But that was probably my biggest complaint with it(second biggest being "Hey! I need to find a guy who looks exactly like me!"..."Okay, I'll check a few bars....found one!". Yeesh).

i absolutely loved the movie and i think the bold above is kind of a nitpicky complaint.

it's a movie where a cloning machine was made in the early 1900's. i think if you are complaining about realism that should be where you start.

i absolutely loved the movie and i think the bold above is kind of a nitpicky complaint.

it's a movie where a cloning machine was made in the early 1900's. i think if you are complaining about realism that should be where you start.

Good God, not THIS argument again!:panic:

Hey! The core aspect of a SCIENCE-FICTION story(that's still completely grounded in the real world) is unplausible! Ergo, the rest of the story doesn't have to make sense either!

Who cares that Lex is training horses to drive cars made of Kryptonite? The story is about a man who can fly! LOL!

Who cares that Locke solved all the islands problems by befriending a magical goldfish that grants wishes? The show is has numbers that give you bad luck!

Who cares that MJ Goblin was ... MJ Goblin? Peter got spider-powers after being bitten by a radioactive spider! LOL!

Who cares if anything makes sense at all? It's just a story!!! LOL!!!!

This movie is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better then the illuisionist!!!!

And i saw the twin thing coming but then what's her name said the guy the comes out on the other side is missing fingers so i threw out my theory

oh and fallon did look sorta like bale but more like emilio estevez to me seriously google his face.

I watched my dvd of it today.

Great film. Never saw it till today but I loved it. I'll admit the twin twist made me go HUH? I assumed he also cloned himself since the machine was made from his specifications from the diary right?

But I have of misunderstood that.

Still seeing Christian Bale been called alfred and been in a prison I found funny obviously beacuse of batman

same thing with seeing Hugh Jackman in a tank of water I couldn't help but think WOLVERINE!!!!

but anyway I give this film 9/10

Why is everyone ranting and raving about this film? It wasn't very good. The plot had a couple different timelines going at once, which works in theory, but was just annoying in practice. The "shocking twists" weren't that shocking. But the acting was good. I'd give it a 6/10 just because the cast was so fantastic.

Why is everyone ranting and raving about this film? It wasn't very good. The plot had a couple different timelines going at once, which works in theory, but was just annoying in practice. The "shocking twists" weren't that shocking. But the acting was good. I'd give it a 6/10 just because the cast was so fantastic.

Wrong. The twists had actual substance to them. Works in theory/annoying in practice according to who? 6/10 is still a bit high for a negative review.

I think it's a very good film that could've been superb if they'd worked on it a little longer.

Also, Nikola Tesla FTW.

I know you love Tesla and animals, but what did you think of the scene where he was willing to sacrifice that cat for the purpose of science?

Latest posts

Back