The Prisoner

I loved the original series, but I'm having the same problem with this show as I am with V.

It's not terribly directed. The setting is gorgeous. There's nothing really wrong with it, but I watched part of the first episode and just can't gather the interest to keep watching. It's just missing the brilliant trademark oddity that made the original so wonderful.

I just picked this up on DVD for $20 the other day and watched the first three episodes last night. It's decent. Nothing spectacular and missing the wonderful oddity of the original, but I'm enjoying it.

I just finished. I really got into it during episodes 4 and 5. Episode 6 was sort of a let down though, I didn't really like the explanation of what the village was.

I also found it annoying that every time there was a scene with whispering (at least twice per episode), I couldn't understand what was being said. I watched most of the show with the subtitles on.

Last edited:
This was so boring and disappointing that I can't even remember if I finished it.

It's a shame too because every other show AMC have done has been fantastic.

Latest posts

Back