The Producers

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Mel Brooks is a comedic genius!!!!!

...........and nars to anyone who disagrees.

Seriously though---if I had seen this before I posted my Top Movies of 2005....this would've been on that list.

Victor Von Doom said:
Mel Brooks is a comedic genius!!!!!

...........and nars to anyone who disagrees.

Seriously though---if I had seen this before I posted my Top Movies of 2005....this would've been on that list.
You know seeing all these trailers for The Producers makes me want to rent the original and watch it.

But yes, Mel Brooks is comedy god. We should all worship him and errect giant golden idols in his name.

Baxter said:
You know seeing all these trailers for The Producers makes me want to rent the original and watch it.

But yes, Mel Brooks is comedy god. We should all worship him and errect giant golden idols in his name.
Isn't that against one of the ten commandments?

You Devil-worshipper, you.

Goodwill said:
How was Will Ferrel?

Pretty good actually. I know people love him but he has a tendancy to ham it up big time and take over the scene.

But he was "SNL Cheerleader" funny here. Hilarious.......but not too much that you don't even notice the other actors.

I don't think he was cast well for the film, but since he's here, I thought he might do alright. It's good to know he's translated well into a smart comedian. Personally, I really didn't find Anchorman to be funny - or smart.

Goodwill said:
I don't think he was cast well for the film, but since he's here, I thought he might do alright. It's good to know he's translated well into a smart comedian. Personally, I really didn't find Anchorman to be funny - or smart.
'Smart comedian'?

I'm hardly Will Ferrell's biggest fan, but I find it silly to say that working with Mel Brooks automatically means he's trying to translate into a 'smart comedian' as if associating with Brooks is all it takes to increase your comedic cache.

If anything, Brooks has never been shy about being infantile in films like Robin Hood: Men in Tights and Spaceballs inserting gags about blind masturbators and lightsaber penis jokes.

ourchair said:
'Smart comedian'?

I'm hardly Will Ferrell's biggest fan, but I find it silly to say that working with Mel Brooks automatically means he's trying to translate into a 'smart comedian' as if associating with Brooks is all it takes to increase your comedic cache.

If anything, Brooks has never been shy about being infantile in films like Robin Hood: Men in Tights and Spaceballs inserting gags about blind masturbators and lightsaber penis jokes.

Indeed. "Blazing Saddles" was his funniest movie to date.....and that film is nothing but crude racist/sexual jokes.

He might be infantile....but he's funny. I just saw "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" again last night and my stomach still hurts from laughing so much.

"NOOOOO!!!!! Not another enema!!!" :lol:

Cable has been running this movie a lot as of late------it's still hilarious!!!!

Once you get past the whole musical aspect of it, it's still one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Back